With all the turmoil going on with the Bond franchise as of late, the situation has me thinking. What has been the franchise’s greatest comeback? For a series that has seen several, I find myself leaning towards one, but shifting to another.
- GoldenEye rises Bond from the ashes of a lengthy legal battle
- Daniel Craig helps successfully reboot the series with Casino Royale
- Sean Connery returns to play Bond in Diamonds Are Forever
- Skyfall rebounds from Quantum of Solace criticisms and becomes the most successful Bond film
- The Spy Who Loved Me giving the franchise a financial shot in the arm
I jump first to the GoldenEye return, naturally. However, the entirety of the Skyfall comeback and success is another solid argument to be made for.