Deathmatch 2022: The Bonds - Group C

Performance as Bond, then. Now, obviously, the comparison is phoney given that they haven’t had the same script and direction nor been in the same film, but that’s never stopped anyone being “Best Actor” at the Oscars or the like and being lauded for it. Common perception may hold that Bond is a flat character and doesn’t change film-to-film but is the genial old cove on screen for 20 minutes of A View to a Kill really the same as the MooreBond of Live and Let Die? The Craigs may show breadth of character; the Connerys breadth of waistband, etc.

Criteria for choice is up to you; it could be which performance you prefer, it could be which you think would win in a “real” (cough) fight against the other, it could be which had the better nose. Who knows what criteria the voting public base their choices on, anyway? Recent elections and referendums, it could be absolutely anything, some of it considered unnatural.

Voting closes 26 June.

• Connery - Thunderball
  • Moore - The Spy who Loved Me

0 voters

• Connery - Thunderball
  • Brosnan - The World is Not Enough

0 voters

• Connery - Thunderball
  • Craig - Quantum of Solace

0 voters

• Connery - Thunderball
  • Craig - Skyfall

0 voters

0 voters

0 voters

• Craig - Skyfall

0 voters

0 voters

• Craig - Skyfall

0 voters

• Craig - Skyfall

0 voters

2 Likes

Moore in TSWLM (my fetish, or should I pun my Fekesh?).

Also I do think Brosnan was at his best in TWINE (no shoulder biting at least, I hear you thinking).

And while I love SF I think Craig was better in QOSas a silently suffering Bond.

3 Likes

All is doing well in this round! :+1: