Drawn to 007 - Dynamite’s new hardcovers and beyond

Thanks to the Diamond Comics site, here are the sollicitations and covers for Live and Let Die and James Bond 007 . No mention of James Bond Origin this month. Whether it means that the series has come to an end, or that it’s taking a rest, I don’t know.

James Bond 007 : Live and Let Die

(W) Van Jensen, Ian Fleming (A) Kewber Baal (CA) Fay Dalton

In this second adaptation of the Fleming novels…
Bond is sent to New York City to investigate “Mr. Big”, an agent of SMERSH and a criminal voodoo leader. With no time for superstition-and with the help of his colleague in the CIA, Felix Leiter, Bond tracks “Mr. Big” through the jazz joints of Harlem, to the everglades and on to the Caribbean, knowing that this criminal heavy hitter is a real threat. No-one, not even the mysterious Solitaire, can be sure how their battle of wills is going to end…

In Shops: Sep 11, 2019

SRP: $24.99

James Bond 007 # 11

(W) Greg Pak (A) Robert Carey (CA) Dave Johnson

“Goldfinger” continues. Infiltration. A mad love. Someone goes unhinged. From GREG PAK (Agents Of Atlas, Star Wars) and ROBERT CAREY (Aliens: Resistance).

In Shops: Sep 18, 2019

SRP: $3.99

STL130823?type=1

STL130824?type=1

STL130825?type=1

STL130826?type=1

1 Like

I think fans will be satisfied with issue 8 of the main Bond line in terms of establishing the threat level of the villain. He is absolutely ruthless and has Bond exactly where he wants him.

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying this enormously, there’s something very old fashioned serial about Pak’s run i’m enjoying, this method of having it an ever-evolving narrative with many layers to be unveiled. It’s like it should be told over a year in 20 minute segments on a black & white tv. Apt for a spy tail.

I tweeted at the writer of Origin, Jeff Parker and I got these responses:

3 Likes

Is he writing Moonraker for them y’think?

1 Like

That’s not a bad theory. Maybe Ibrahim Mustafa will take over Origin while Parker does Moonraker.

1 Like

The creative team behind Origin is very good so I’m all for them doing Moonraker.

2 Likes

Some info on LALD.

Another positive review.

The artwork for LALD doesn’t appear to be as strong as the CR adaptation. But it’s still looking to be worthwhile. I haven’t read the original comic strip adaptions of the original Fleming novels, so I’m eager to experience the story visually in comparison to reading or hearing an audiobook.

Also a worthwhile Tweet.

More LALD :

Imagine what it will look like in color.

3 Likes

It’s a lot more blatantly comic book than CR was. It’s not as impressive, but I get why they want highlight the fantasy elements of this particular book over Fleming’s horrendous world views.

It’s a very good issue. I’m really loving the whole old school espionage vibe that Origin is currently going for.

So looks like Dynamite is focusing on 12 issue arcs rather than 6 issues now. That’ll give us until October for the current Greg Pak run, skipping November, and then a new arc in December. Still no news about Origin, with #12 coming out in August, so maybe they’ll take a little gap before the next 12 issue arc starts.

Just looked both up, their CV’s are a very eclectic mix. The fact I can’t even slightly guess what they’ll do with Bond makes me VERY excited for this.

Send this to people having a coronary over Lashana Lynch possibly playing Bond’s successor at Mi6. Their heads may explode when they look these writers up…

1 Like

This was the last time the pair worked together;

But Lore acted as Editor, not co-writer as they are here.

1 Like

Another positive review for 007. Also, I notice that the stories will be year round now. I wonder if we’ll see Blofeld make an appearance. I won’t be surprised either way. I wonder if there will be a tie-in story with the release of Bond 25.

2 Likes

It would rely on the new two writers knowing just before the rest of the world. I’ve no idea what dynamite’s relationship with EON is like.

Just one title this month :

James Bond 007 # 12 :

“Goldfinger” concludes. From GREG PAK (Agents Of Atlas, Star Wars) and ROBERT CAREY (Aliens: Resistance).
In Shops: Oct 30, 2019
SRP: $3.99

STL134246?type=1

STL134247?type=1

STL134248?type=1

STL134249?type=1

:scream:

Would be nerve racking if we didnt know who the new crew are…

I’ll wait for any daily mail reader to get up from having needed resuscitation…

so I’m hoping we’ll be told soon what’s replacing Origin.

1 Like