Knives Out (2019)

I wasn’t sure quite where to put this, but the trailer for Knives Out, starring Daniel Craig, was just released:

I think it should be quite entertaining. Craig’s Southern accent is not quite as extreme as in Logan Lucky. Looking forward to this!

3 Likes

Definitely intriguing, this one. Love the cast. However, Craig’s accent is way off. It’s not a modern southern accent, but more of an 1800s one.

His accent sounds Virginian. Here’s an example:

1 Like

Craig does sound a bit like him. However, it still seems off for the setting of the film, which I believe is supposed to be Louisiana (or at least Craig’s character has a very Louisiana-sounding name). Though that could be wrong as the movie was filmed in Massachusetts and the only character with a southern accent is Craig.

Until the last shot I thought Chris Evans must have done the entire film from one chair!

1 Like

I think the CSI: KFC joke works only if Craig’s accent is the standout. I had assumed that the whole thing was set in Massachusetts, just because they filmed there, but it really could be set anywhere.

So, if I remember right, when this trailer aired at Cinema Con, it had Live and Let Die as the music. It’s a shame they changed it.

Yea, that makes sense.

I thought it was because he had a bit pork of on! :slight_smile:

I love that kind of murder mystery. And Johnson seems to have fun with the genre, the cast is impressive, the visuals lure me in, too - yep, a must-see for me.

1 Like

I’m getting more than a few The Brothers Bloom vibes from this.

Looking forward to this! I love a whodunnit.

Craig’s accent is a mess, but then again, he’s never been great shakes with them. Though I thought he did ok in Logan Lucky.

Looks good fun , could Craig’s accent be a deliberate red herring , he could be the killer…
I really enjoy whodunits so it’s going to be a must see for me too.

So a “Murder of Roger Ackroyd” type deal?

I certainly felt that vibe from the trailer, or " three act tragedy" riff

Looks slick, Chris Evans looks to be having fun!