Knives Out (2019)

And I think had already had one or two of those drinks before hand…

1 Like

Just for practicing. You know, rehearsals…

1 Like

Making the 2 1/2 hour trip up to Dallas tomorrow to see the film. Because of the extremely limited release I may only get to see the film once before it hits Netflix. As a bonus I’m seeing The Fablemans as well since it’s not playing at any of the AMCs in my local area.

4 Likes

It’s very limited release, unfortunately, makes it impossible to see at the cinema for me as the only chain that holds it in the UK is only putting it in three cinemas in my part of the country. The closest screen to me was the film theatre of my Post grad uni, that you need to pay membership to the BFI or be a graduate to use, but apparently the first film was very popular to grads as the tickets completely sold out in 4 minutes.

1 Like
3 Likes

Saw the film tonight and it’s very, very good, but my initial gut reaction is that Knives Out is superior. Will certainly watch multiple times.

Also The Fablemans is excellent and is easily one of the best films of the year. Glass Onion is also one of the best this year too.

2 Likes
1 Like

https://www.92ny.org/event/netflix-s-glass-onion.aspx

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1597855091700088833

1 Like

The success of these two films, giving DC another franchise, is one more reason to invest in original genre films, instead of greenlighting mostly known IP.

Will studios learn from this?

2 Likes

No, probably not.

3 Likes

I would argue that the toxic reaction Johnson and Craig got from certain corners when they did their respective known IP demonstrated why directors and actors tend to push away from franchise work…

1 Like

Yes, please!

I’m noticing the amount of click bait sites that are posting spoilers on a film they KNOW most haven’t seen…

Is that money good?

“Nazi child mastu…”

I’m sure you remember the rest

1 Like

Saw Glass Onion last weekend and enjoyed it. I think I have to give Knives Out the edge in terms of preference, though that’s likely because the twists in that I was completely unprepared for whereas here I was watching everything fairly closely from the jump. I did laugh a lot though and the cast was wonderful to watch. I just think the hook in the first one was a bit more interesting. That being said, I obviously recommend everyone give it a go. It really is a ton of fun, and seeing it with an audience was terrific.

8 Likes

He’s hoping to do a podcast commentary again, but so far hasn’t had the time.

3 Likes

Golden Globe Nominations:

Best Picture Musical or Comedy
Best Actor Musical or Comedy - Daniel Craig

2 Likes
1 Like

For those who have played Arkham City and seen Glass Onion…

Do you suspect Rian Johnson is a gamer?

2 Likes

Just finished Glass Onion - I enjoyed it but my goodness they could have trimmed the script up a bit. It felt about 20mins too long.

I liked the 1st one better but I actually liked DC more in this one. They injected just the right amount of humor in Blanc to make him really take off as a fun character.

Side note - Nathan Johnson has really been putting out some nice work lately…

4 Likes