Knives Out (2019)

:scream:
So you have to wait for the thing we got because of having to wait for a Bond movie? That sucks.

1 Like

For those who didn’t see it on the No Time To Die thread…

Daniel Craig, who is there to promote Knives Out, talking about his life generally, with a journalist who is weirdly fixated on Craig laughing and having a loud voice. Yes, Bond is discussed FAR more than Knives Out.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1195096610440531969&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcomicbook.com%2Fmovies%2F2019%2F11%2F15%2Fknives-out-rian-johnson-set-photos-taken-by-daniel-craig%2F

Craig and Johnson took pictures of each other.

2 Likes

Made me chuckle.

4 Likes

And just for fun…

3 Likes

And this one, too…

2 Likes

Stand by it; want Craig comfortable in the second circle of hell that is press interviews - stick Jamie Lee Curtis next to him.

1 Like

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen him actually laugh that hard. 100% put him with Jamie Lee Curtis going forward. Awesome dynamic. Can’t wait for this film.

1 Like

My dude Chris making moves. These press junkets are absurd lol.

I saw the film last night. It is fun and full of outstanding performances. Craig is really good in his role, makes a believable sleuth who gets on everyone’s nerves. I could easily see a follow-up film with him in this role.

2 Likes

Just got back from an advance screening. Craig and de Armas are absolutely on top form! Really looking forward to seeing them again in NTTD.

2 Likes

“Oh for fu…she can have it.”

I think Daniel Craig has heard that question a lot in the last 14 years.

1 Like

Ana de Armas and Chris Evans would both ask Daniel Craig for help burying a body…is that worrying or a compliment for our out going 007?

Small aside: Johnson quickly corrects the interviewer on a pet peeve of mine, because, as an actor, a disregard for all the work you’ve done for over a decade, hurts - Ana De Armas is not a newcomer, she has been acting since 06, was in Blade Runner 2049 and has a horrendously impressive CV pre her two Craig collaborations.

4 Likes

Who would have guessed last year that this movie brings out happiness and fun in Daniel Craig? After all the trouble BOND 25 was weathering at that time, KNIVES OUT must have been exactly the right remedy.

Which makes me want to check out Rian Johnson´s BRICK and THE BROTHERS BLOOM (which I must admit I haven’t seen yet) and to reconsider his LOOPER (a film I hardly remember for some reasons, although I kind of liked it back then).

4 Likes

The attitude in both is, much like he brought to The Last Jedi, “what are you expecting me to do here? Okay, that’s what I’m definitely not doing”

Mark Ruffalo and Rachel Weisz, in particular, are fantastic in The Brothers Bloom, and always watch for Joseph Gordon Levitt and Noah Segan. They’re in all 5 of Johnson’s films; Brick and Looper they’re leads, cameo in Brothers Bloom and The Last Jedi, support role for Segan, and a “Where’s Wally?” style cameo from JGL, in Knives Out (which I’m not seeing till Friday, so I’ve no idea about it)

2 Likes

Johnson may become not only one of my favourite directors but also one of the best directors working today.

2 Likes

This is a fun 15mins…

3 Likes

Saw it tonight, what an absolutely wonderful film. It’s an actual pleasure to watch unfold. Craig is a scenery chewing delight and great as ever while Ana De Armas is the true core of the story and truly excellent in her own right. Can’t wait to see these two together again in April.

2 Likes

“The game’s afoot, eh Watson?”

I was already a fan of Johnson, so this was very much preaching to the choir, but that is easily my favourite film of the year!

The whole ensemble bring their A game, and Rian Johnson’s script and direction more than match what the cast throws in. Craig (who is clearly having a blast) and De Armas very quickly emerge as great protagonists, with a brilliant dynamic, it makes me even more excited for No Time To Die, just to see the two of them together again. I won’t say much more, as I do think this film works best when you know as little as possible.

Trivia: If you see Daniel Craig, you’ve missed Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s cameo.

I concur. I saw Knives Out today and it was great. Everyone does a terrific job. Great story by Rian Johnson with all sorts of twists and turns, and the cast performs their roles well and are clearly having a good time doing it. That includes Daniel Craig who I don’t think has ever had so much fun before filming a movie. I can easily see he and Johnson doing a sequel at some point.

Definitely a must see.