Licence to Kill

And what film would better be suited for the x-mas season than one called „License to kill“ about a government sponsored hitman going rogue to avenge a friend, with his enemies falling into machines hacked in pieces, another one‘s head exploding, sharks biting off lower extremities and the bad guy ending as a human torch?

Well, the film might only be 70 minutes after cutting all those kills out then. Maybe they could get a narrator explaining the naughty bits, getting the old „OHMSS on tv“-nostalgia going!

Then again, the kids will rather stream the r-rated cut in the meantime.

3 Likes

Here in the US Pluto TV has a 007 channel streaming bthe first 20 Bond movies 24/7, uncut but with commercials. LTK has been on at every time of day.

I remember the VHS release came out the week after Christmas. A critic said “MGM knows what you need after the holidays–tons if action!”

1 Like

No rationale (I claim it as an irrational view). Cheap-looking and cheap-feeling, tired bin-end stuff. Hopeless, compromised and tatty.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Does that mean my 2002 DVD version is not complete?

Sorry for the delay! Went to hospital for a post operation check up this afternoon, came over funny, passed out and ended up being kept in for tests as my blood pressure had plummeted!

2 Likes

No worries, hope you’re feeling better.

I do believe the DVDs prior to 2006 are the US PG-13 version of the movie, which is less cut than previous UK versions but still has a few trims.

This page details its history with the BBFC and MPAA;
https://melonfarmers.co.uk/bbfc_cuts_licence_to_kill.htm

1 Like

Thanks for the link. I knew there had been issues with the censor’s,but I had no idea how extensive !

2 Likes