We all know that the budget has to be gathered in somehow and it would be naive to suggest that Global Product Partners don’t have their uses as a result; but there’s subtlety, and then there’s…not. Which of these seems the most egregious and downright lazy promotion of grim consumer tat for $$$?
- Definitely Kentucky. Not Miami. Not Buckinghamshire. Look at the “restaurant” name. Look at it, damn you (Goldfinger)
- Pulsar - it’s a digital watch! With red characters. And…is that all it does? (Live and Let Die)
- Mementos from Thai holiday. Wooden elephant - check. Drowned child - check. Crotch itch that won’t go away - check. AMC Hornet? Definitely, as long as I can fit it into the hand luggage (The Man with the Golden Gun).
- British Airways inflight meal (Moonraker)
- 7-UP sprayed… everywhere (Moonraker)
- Bollinger RD - The best! (It’s really, really not) (The Living Daylights)
- BMW Z3: The Ultimate What’s-That-Absurdly-Horrid-Thing-Doing-Here? Machine (GoldenEye)
- Eau dear, you appear to have smashed a tank through all that Perrier. Water disaster! (GoldenEye)
- Why does Bond crash the car into Avis? Q doesn’t actually work for them, y’clown. (Tomorrow Never Dies)
- Shave away your trauma - instantly! (Die Another Day)
- Eat my OMEGA, bitch (Casino Royale)
- The World’s least likely Virgin (Quantum of Solace)
- You Sony Live Twice. Or several dozen times (Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace. And Skyfall. And Spectre)