Movies: Presumably 2024, maybe Beyond

I think it’ll be interesting to see what the finished product. Supposedly Martin Scorcese is a producer on the film as well, so it should be interesting.

It also kind of lines up with an emerging trend we’re seeing in the industry, with comedic artists going outside of their comfort zone into other genres. Jordan Peele went from sketch comedy with Key & Peele to direct a horror movie that ended up garnering multiple Oscar nominations and now we have Danny McBride venturing outside of the comedic realm to take on projects like Alien: Covenant and to perform writing duties on Halloween.

1 Like

It’s definitely a healthy trend that i endorse. McBride’s Halloween looks great (but i’ll try and keep my powder dry’ish :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I endorse it as well. Found out over the past day or so that McBride and the director went through 80 different drafts of the screenplay. Definitely can’t accuse them of not taking it seriously.

1 Like

The Stephen King renaissance continues…

1 Like

Big Joker news

1 Like

Not necessarily film news, but close enough:

2 Likes

New Halloween poster. Supposedly a new trailer is arriving tomorrow:

3 Likes

New Halloween trailer:

3 Likes

International Trailer for Halloween

2 Likes

Pet Sematary trailer:

2 Likes

Looks not bad. Seems to beef up the novel a little. I thought the 90s adaptation was already pretty good, maybe a bit too close to the book for a film. This looks as if it’s aiming to take its own measured approach to the story.

I like this trailer, too. It seems to offer a more emotional connection to the Creed family which IMO the first movie adaptation sacrificed for more emphasis on classic horror scares.

I will say this: I love Goldenthal´s score for Lambert´s adaptation. And I adore Lambert´s idea to handle Gage´s death showing the aftermath in photographs.

But the empathy for the tragedy of the Creed family, something that absolutely was the core of the book, hopefully is in major play here in the new film.

I’m very excited indeed about this…

I’m a big fan of the first movie, Unbreakable; Shyamalan’s masterpiece; superior to Sixth Sense imo. It was an original take on what it might really be like to discover you had a super power. It plays it straight and gritty and the performances are all top notch.

Of course Shyamalan has had a meterioric decline with each of his movies post Unbreakable being worse than the last. But Split showed a real return to form, so I’m very hopeful about this long awaited sequel, Glass.

1 Like

Been excited about this news since I saw it online this morning.

The teaser is awesome. Not sure about the initial plot details of the film, which will center around 4 teens and “A family moves back home to a small town where they learn more about who they are,” but given the good hands that this film is in, I have faith that this will turn out to be good.

And then, there’s this. Fingers crossed that the deals for this end up being closed in the coming couple of months.

That’s awesome. He’s always seemed like an amazingly nice guy from everything I’ve seen of him over the years. Nice to know that’s actually the case. :slight_smile:

Ghostbusters 3 is now officially set for release on July 10, 2020

1 Like

While this could end up turning out OK, it’s just sad how far this project has fallen. At one point we were going to get a big budget, big screen release from Academy Award winner Ben Affleck, who would have knocked this thing out of the park, and now we’re stuck with this trying to help Star Trek carry CBS All Access. Disappointing doesn’t even begin to describe this.

1 Like

And for fans of Mike Flanagan:

" In the meantime, genre fans won’t have to wait as long to see the Stephen King adaptation Doctor Sleep , which is moving up from Jan. 24, 2020, to Nov. 8, 2019."

And Affleck´s out of the costume: https://deadline.com/2019/01/the-batman-june-2021-release-date-ben-affleck-not-starring-1202545821/