Movies: Presumably 2024, maybe Beyond

3 Likes

It probably is time. But I will be very sad to see him stop.

2 Likes

Never thought I would have lived too see the day that Ghostbusters 3 would make it to the screen and now here comes Ghostbusters 4. It’s a nice bit of sunshine in an otherwise endless parade of bad news these days, it seems.

Not too keen on it going up against both Star Trek and Star Wars, assuming all three hold their current release dates, but Ghostbusters is playing with house money at this point, so I’m down for whatever. And the fact that they’re bringing it back to New York, to the firehouse. Bring it on is all I can say. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They won’t.

2 Likes

Given the stat of those two franchises on the big screen I’d class those as ‘I’ll believe it when I see it.’

1 Like
3 Likes

This has to be a joke, right?

The Fantastic Four film doesn’t have a director yet, I doubt they’re planning spin-off yet.

Well, if there is a modicum of truth to this (I doubt it), this would likely be the Fantastic Four film.

1 Like

1 Like

5 Likes

Many articles online focused on Egerton mentioning having talked to Marvel regarding Wolverine. Kinda think, of any X-men character, you’d leave that one alone for a bit.

2 Likes

Of all the prospective Marvel projects X-Men is the one I have the least interest in. Since 2000 we had 7 X-Mens, 3 Wolverines, 2 Deadool and New Mutants (although I don’t think anyone saw that one). They did so many films that they did the Phoenix Saga twice. Badly. Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine and Patrick Stewart’s professor X are likely to go down in history as the definitive portrayal of the characters. There’s very little they can do that won’t feel like a rehash at this point. Give us more Deadpool by all means, but let the X-Men rest a while.
Unless maybe they do a Disney + series. The switch in format would justify the reboot more and it would be an opportunity to explore more character who aren’t Wolverine.

3 Likes

That ship may have sailed…

3 Likes

Has he read this thread?

3 Likes

In other words, nobody is excited about these new films so it’s time to step away to do something else.

3 Likes

People mind have been excited if they came out in a reasonable amount of time after the first (vastly overrated) film.

Even I might have been excited if the trailer had convinced me that this really was a necessary and creatively interesting new chapter in this saga.

But with the human beings now all avatars it really looks like an animated film which reheats once again all the tired tropes of the first film.

Adding Vin Diesel‘s character motivation: „Fahmmilly!“

4 Likes

That is not a good sign…

1 Like