Movies: Presumably 2024, maybe Beyond

1 Like

5 Likes

Many articles online focused on Egerton mentioning having talked to Marvel regarding Wolverine. Kinda think, of any X-men character, you’d leave that one alone for a bit.

2 Likes

Of all the prospective Marvel projects X-Men is the one I have the least interest in. Since 2000 we had 7 X-Mens, 3 Wolverines, 2 Deadool and New Mutants (although I don’t think anyone saw that one). They did so many films that they did the Phoenix Saga twice. Badly. Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine and Patrick Stewart’s professor X are likely to go down in history as the definitive portrayal of the characters. There’s very little they can do that won’t feel like a rehash at this point. Give us more Deadpool by all means, but let the X-Men rest a while.
Unless maybe they do a Disney + series. The switch in format would justify the reboot more and it would be an opportunity to explore more character who aren’t Wolverine.

3 Likes

That ship may have sailed…

3 Likes

Has he read this thread?

3 Likes

In other words, nobody is excited about these new films so it’s time to step away to do something else.

3 Likes

People mind have been excited if they came out in a reasonable amount of time after the first (vastly overrated) film.

Even I might have been excited if the trailer had convinced me that this really was a necessary and creatively interesting new chapter in this saga.

But with the human beings now all avatars it really looks like an animated film which reheats once again all the tired tropes of the first film.

Adding Vin Diesel‘s character motivation: „Fahmmilly!“

4 Likes

That is not a good sign…

1 Like

Apparently the “Salem’s Lot” move was because of Covid related delays in post-production. My excitement level for it perked up today when I read that it’s set in 1975, like the book. Should be fun.

Related to that, I’m getting a little antsy for anything related to “Halloween Ends” as I know next to nothing about it and it opens in 3 months. Maybe when “Nope” opens?

2 Likes

Apparently Jamie Lee Curtis has teased that the trailer will be released on July 20.

3 Likes

I do believe we have an early contender to sweep the Razzies next year:

Oh my, this looks abysmal. :fearful: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

And like it was made on a high school drama production budget.

1 Like

Sad thing was, when all we saw were the black and white stills and other early material that was released, it looked like there might have been something to it. This trailer completely blows all of that completely out the window.

What’s really impressive is that the source material isn’t really much to write home about either, so it’s really impressive that they couldn’t even clear the relatively low bar of the original series, assuming the finished film in any way reflects the quality of what we’ve seen here.

I’m probably asking a stupid question because I can barely remember the show but… if the movie takes place when Herman and Lily met and fell in love, doesn’t that mean no Eddie?

I didn’t see Eddie in the cast listing, so I would imagine that you’re correct.

1 Like

Hoo boy.

This makes at least the third time someone’s tried to resurrect (heh) The Munsters, which is frankly a dumb idea. I kind of “got” it with the Brady Bunch Movie: the family presented as so “cool” and “with it” in the 70s is revealed as the total opposite outside of that era (and by extension, the joke is also on any of us old enough to have bell-bottoms or a bowl haircut in our past). Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows turned a (ridiculously) straight-faced gothic soap into a comedy by plopping Barnabas Collins into the mini-skirted, lava-lamped 70s. But The Munsters? They were already “the oddball family who thinks they’re normal,” and already fish out of water in a world they misunderstood. That was the point the first time around. There’s no new ground to break with a retread of what’s already been done, especially when it just involves impersonating the performances of other artists.

At this point, who is even the audience for this? Who remembers and is clamoring for more Munsters? What’s next, F-Troop? Hazel?

And anyway (puts on taped-together nerd glasses), it violates canon. The original series stated that Lily and Herman were wed in 1865.

3 Likes