Movies: Presumably 2024, maybe Beyond

I’m looking forward to this film being released on Blu-ray at some point here soon. I’d heard similar things from reviewers that I trust that there was more to it than one might expect.

Have to agree with you on DEADPOOL as well. Didn’t think much of the first film at all. One of the most overrated things to come out in the theaters in quite a while.

1 Like

I really did not like the Willis version of “Deathwish”
I wont go in to any details because they would contain spoilers,
but suffice to say, everything I loved about the original (which IMHO is a terrific film) has been discarded.

First images of Michael Myers from Blumhouse’s Halloween

Summary

2 Likes

Trailer on Friday! :jack_o_lantern:

I saw that as well. Can’t wait. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That looks fantastic. Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

It really looks impressive - and unbelievably creepy (the teeth…).

I wouldn’t have thought that I would want to see another Halloween movie. But this one could right all the wrong other sequels have brought on.

I would have seen another Halloween film regardless, but this looks like it could be something special. That scene on the roof of the sanitarium looks like it might be a highlight.

They really do need to come up with a new title for this film, though, or at least a subtitle.

It sounds funny but I think it would actually make a statement of how they see the film to just call it Halloween 2…

If you really want creepy, slow it down and see what Michael is hitting against the door in that scene :wink:

Sounds like Danny McBride already has an idea firmly in place for the inevitable sequel.

News about IT: Chapter Two…

The Old Spice Guy?

Can’t say I saw that one coming.

Have to say I imagined somebody much more worn out by having to stay back in Derry. Also with that supposed darker background of Hanlon.

I think they are doing many things right with this IT adaptation. But I also think it’s maybe just not for me; I‘m one of those first generation readers and we’re always going to bitch about the adaptations.

Outside of Jessica Chastain, James McAvoy, and Bill Hader, I can’t say I’m particularly impressed with this cast.

Already three reasons to be impressed enough :wink:

Halloween sequel looks great!

I’ve been a HUGE fan of carpenter since the 70s.

They Live is my all time favourite documentary :sunglasses:

He’s come out of video game-playing retirement to Exec this and (I’m very excited about this part) also score it. At least that’s what I’ve read.

Us halloween fans have been let down sorely since the original so it may be naive to get excited about this trailer, but wow it really looks (and sounds) like they nailed it.

On another note I watched Three billboards outside…blah blah blah. What a truly great movie. The script is near perfect and the performances and mesmerising.

I really enjoyed Get Out and thought at the time he thoroughly deserved the screenplay Oscar, but now I’m not so sure - abillboards is just as good.

Is that book worth reading?