Movies: Presumably 2024, maybe Beyond

So anybody know what’s happening with “'Salem’s Lot”?

Not a lot, I guess.

1 Like
4 Likes
3 Likes

Yeeeeeeeesssss!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1636091179711467520

I am totally on board with his story idea.

2 Likes

I hope for Superman Legacy and Supergirl that there’s multiple villains in both of the films. No Lex or Zod! They should take a cue from other superhero movies where’s multiple villains from the comics. They both have great villains that haven’t been used, use them. Toyman, Metallo, Parasite, Brainiac, Silver Banshee, just to name a few. It’s time! I could see Parasite, Brainiac, or Toyman working well with Gunn.

2 Likes

Brainiac is one I don’t get. How have they not used him?!? He’s Superman’s no.2 villain yet the films has been stuck on just using Luthor and Zod. It’s almost like the extent of research ever done was just watching Richard Donner’s two Superman movies.

4 Likes

You don’t mean multiple villains per film, though?

I prefer one villain taking up only enough screentime to define the character, not overshadowing Superman.

1 Like

I agree multiple villains is always a bad sign in a superhero movie. I also agree we need to go deeper into Superman’s rogue’s gallery. Zod was never even a big deal in the comics until Terence Stamp played him in the movies (if anything, Jax-Ur was a more prominent Phantom Zone villain and he has yet to appear), so I really don’t get the fascination with that guy.

As for Lex, never has a less interesting character received so much undeserved screen time. Regardless of who they put in the cape, what the costume ends up looking like, who directs or what the reviews are like, if f-ing Lex Luthor is in it, I am out.

I also agree it’s time to move on from Richard Donner and Christopher Reeve’s version. Not go as extreme as Zack Snyder, but not as goofy as Gunn’s GOTG. As for multiple villains, it’s simply time for other Superman villains to be exposed. There are plenty of great superhero movies that have multiple villains. Superman is more than qualified to follow in with more than one villain in one movie.

There’s a long history of Braniac almost happening. He was the villain in the original script for Superman 3 before they changed it to incorporate Richard Pryor instead. He was to have been the villain in the proposed Superman 5 as well as the unmade sequel to Superman Returns.

Also, Jax-Ur was one of Zod’s Kryptonians in Man of Steel, this creepy looking guy:

1 Like

How can you say that?

How can you say that?

1 Like

Whoops.

I stand corrected. As an act of contrition, I will now observe a moment of silence in honor of the noble porpoise who gave his life to save our heroes from that torpedo.

2 Likes

Was his name mentioned in the film? I only saw it the one time and I came out determined to forget as much as possible. I appear to have succeeded.

Never.

2 Likes

That I’m not sure about, also haven’t seen the film since it came out. But the actor’s name is Mackenzie Gray and he’s listed as Jax-Ur in the credits. Weirdly he’s also played Lex Luthor in the form of an aged clone in an episode of Smallville.

This film might accidentally increase ip ownership…

1 Like