Movies: Presumably 2024, maybe Beyond

Someone watched the Kingsman films and thought “This lot should make a film about Tetris”

2 Likes

Fair play to Cameron, this did make me laugh.

2 Likes

He’s obviously joking. With the Earth’s population reduced by half, there would never be enough ticket buyers to recoup the production cost of the average Cameron film.

7 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Now that inspires confidence (I mean what Pine says…)

Wow, that synopsis really proves that this is not about milking a tired and overused idea for a new demographic… :laughing:

2 Likes

I think you’ve just come up with the perfect slogan for the modern film industry!

However Fede Alvarez does seem like a decent choice for an Alien project. And as long as it doesn’t have any origines for the Xenomorphs then it’s a step up from the last one as far as I’m concerned.

1 Like

I just wonder: what can this movie be about? Another group which encounters the Xenomorph, gets infected, fights - only they are all younger now? And Alvarez - well, he will make it gorier, as if it wasn’t gory enough already.

Scott tried to develop the story with PROMETHEUS, without really improving anything, and mixing the origin story in COVENANT with the usual decimation of a crew.

Where else can this go now but into endless repeat?

It’s easy to see how the Alien could be reconfigured into a formula slasher movie, complete with a group of disposable teens.
Can’t help but feel this is a response to the success of Prey, the two franchises are just linked now.

1 Like

An obvious approach would be an attempt to use the Xenomorph as a metaphor for climate change, destroying the hopes of a younger generation forever.

But I fear that this will just be, as you say, a formula slasher movie.

1 Like

Didn’t see that coming. Obviously, this is great news for MGM/Amazon.

And distribution-wise for Bond.

2 Likes

Chris Evans is the first Paloma boy?

2 Likes

Now that seems to be an intelligent role reversal.

„I‘m the boyfriend!“

1 Like

Batman’s own Cubby Broccoli. If he says it, it’s true.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpeTkA6gp9E/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=a7380616-30b9-47ab-97fd-d17c1fad6439

Who coincidentally was with a Bond girl 2 days ago…

Really? Which one?

Shannon Elizabeth.

1 Like

Her avatar?

1 Like

It’s not, but if I had a computer game version of myself I’d use it for everything.

1 Like