Movies: Presumably 2024, maybe Beyond

Not at all surprising. The trailers looked like complete garbage and there wasn’t much reason for any kind of hope given how bad Greene’s last franchise horror outing was.

Hopefully this bombs at the box office and forces the cancellation of the two planned sequels.

Well, a sure sign was the producers coming after Ellen Burstyn again and again to get her in the picture. Sure, get one of the original stars for a cameo can be a nice nod/wink…But when you seem desperate to have them to make some sort of nostalgic draw, you’re in trouble and know it.

1 Like

The movies 2 months apart I like it…

2 Likes

To translate: We spent too much money to secure the rights to THE EXORCIST to give up on it after one film.

Might I offer them one suggestion for the supposed “changes” that are coming. Fire the director and get someone in who understands what made THE EXORCIST what it was.

3 Likes

And, that was quick:

Why not stop this IP craziness altogether?

Especially if that IP never worked as a sequel?

3 Likes

There is room for more stories to be told in the world of THE EXORCIST. THE EXORCIST III (or LEGION) proves that. But it takes a creative team that understands the material they are adapting. If David Gordon Greene and company couldn’t wrap their heads fully around HALLOWEEN, there’s no chance that they can accomplish it with THE EXORCIST.

2 Likes

Related to “The Exorcist” - I’d love to see a modern day version of “The Ninth Configuration.”

1 Like
2 Likes

“Cinematic universe” :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

M and Blofeld chat.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Sounds good, and Morena Baccarin is always a delight.

4 Likes

Watching The Wolverine for the first time. I’m now about 20 minutes in and someone making this film has definitely watched You Only Live Twice.

4 Likes

Jeffrey Wright, Tracee Ellis Ross and Sterling K. Brown! They had me with those 3 names, this trailer does seem to show how they got the three of them.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Impressive - such a long film with an adult perspective, wonderful. If Scorsese can come close to Swift, everything is possible.

1 Like

https://www.cbr.com/zootopia-movie-sequel-better-than-original/

Not going to lie, this is one sequel I’m looking forward to.

Jason Isaacs as Cary Grant in “Archie”

10 Likes

Yeah, don’t do this in the month leading up to Halloween…

2 Likes