Movies: Presumably 2024, maybe Beyond

I would watch this for Ford.

3 Likes

That is the right answer

2 Likes

https://x.com/MakingStarWars/status/1811257349149176207?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1811257349149176207|twgr^76572f972fae11f25798d391472f5a578999013a|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbr.com%2Fthe-mandalorian-grogu-sets-built%2F

Mann says he’s “deep” into writing the screenplay. Hopes to actually begin filming the movie either by the end of this year or sometime early in 2025.

Quite tired of sequels, but this one I’m looking forward to. Heat is one of my all-time favorite films and was, a bit like Ghostbusters and The Rock, one of those films my dad allowed me to see probably much earlier than I should have and was something of a bonding experience.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed reading the book - but I cannot see any way this adaptation can be satisfying because DeNiro and Pacino have aged too much to make this work. Recasting won’t help, and digital deaging would be disastrous.

Some films should just stay on their own. Mann is probably only allowed to make this sequel because of IP. But the best way to adapt it would be to rename the characters and rely on the story which in itself is interesting.

3 Likes

Hopefully more to it than mumblemumblemumbleBIGLOUDBANGSmumblemumble which really put me off the original one.

1 Like
4 Likes

I must admit that I’m shocked by this turn of events. Marvel returning to the guys who made the last supposedly great Marvel film are being brought back after the MCU has completely floundered since they last directed a movie in it? I just can’t believe it.

It’s just not believable.

1 Like
2 Likes

Nothing in this trailer made me laugh.

1 Like

Nothing in this trailer made me want to watch the movie.

2 Likes

It looks miles better than Alien Covenant, but then again, a film about paint drying could accomplish that as well.

1 Like

Why can’t they leave the bloody organism well alone? Every further entry chips a bit away from its original genius.

1 Like

I’m actually more interested in the film after this trailer. It stopped with memes and emphasised actual stakes.

4 Likes

Is that a Century Fox logo ruin in the debris? Are we going full meta jacket now?

5 Likes

Hmmm, the meta is still in it, but it was nice to see actual stakes are in the film rather than a post on TikTok.

1 Like

I wonder how far they will go with it. Might be interesting to have these characters truly realise they are living on the pages of comic books for the entertainment of a faceless mass whose decreasing interest spells doom for their world.

3 Likes

If the stakes are only „I gotta save my family“ it will be hugely disappointing.

I hear ya, man.

4 Likes
4 Likes