My favourite Eon Bond Film World Cup - THE FINAL

4 Likes

You finally made me choose between OHMSS and TSWLM, y’ fastard.
So, as a child of the 70s I lumped in with Sir Roger - so there.

2 Likes

I’m hoping MR can win - wouldn’t that be grand?

3 Likes

When MOONRAKER wins, we will be able to look up and know that there is law and order in the heavens.

5 Likes

Ofcourse, it’s out of this world.

2 Likes

Some really good options there, but…

No more foreplay.

GoldenEye for me.

Happy to see MR doing so well and getting some much overdue appreciation. However, my vote among those 8 options goes to TLD.

Well @Jim, seems like OHMSS wins yet again? Just pipping MR by the looks of it.

It does indeed appear to have a nice habit of surviving.

Interesting to see the Moonraker love given the years of being told it was execrable.

4 Likes

Totally. I remember riding home from seeing it that summer for the umpteenth time and doing the required debriefing with my friends - i.e. staging the various fights with 11-year-old sound effects, somehow we all being Bond at once - and a couple of self-professed not-particularly-good-eggs remarking how utterly unwatchable everything after Connery has become; MOONRAKER in particular.

And such was the state of the world until our generation broke into the headquarters of Bond fandom and put the old guard into the shark tank…

2 Likes

We staged a fight in the tram on our way home. Supercool…

1 Like

I feel you. I saw an observation recently – Roger joined a film series and exited a film franchise. It’s so true and it goes to the debate we were having in the OHMSS thread about introducing a new Bond.

Imagine the pressure on Roger during LALD – he was the third Bond in three films and the series could’ve gone either way. He really did show another way of playing the role was possible and it wasn’t just Sean’s gig. He is responsible for the legacy we have now. Love him.

6 Likes

Perfectly stated.

2 Likes

2 Likes