News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

I wouldn’t point to a specific day for that. But in the upcoming weeks the probability of any sort of announcement rises considerably.

Given the article you posted to spoilers (following @Red_Snow discovering it) references filming towards the end of March, I would assume we’ll hear more soon.

I also consider Everything or Nothing and Bloodstone to be missing Bond adventures. EoN was an excellent game, with high-production values, and a great story. Willem Dafoe was excellent as the villain and I even liked the AVTAK connection. EoN is my favorite Bond game and a great cap to the PS2 era 007 trilogy with Agent Under Fire and Nightfire. Bloodstone fit well into the Craig-verse and could be interpreted as the first mention of Blofeld. However…

Had EoN been released as a film, it would have been lambasted as being even more preposterous and ridiculous than DAD. It had not just invisible cars, but invisible suits, too many car chases and too many MI6 sequences (though I’m sure much of that would’ve been cut out had it been released as a film). Bloodstone told a very strange and uneven story, that was clearly intended to be part 1 of a larger story, but I guess it could be retconned into the overall Blofeld arc of the Craig era or having Goldeneye Reloaded be the sequel and Trevelyan being the rich and powerful man. That said, the story doesn’t make a lick of cohesive sense as it feels like 2 completely separate adventures stitched together. The second half of which is really just one extremely long and extended chase. I like that it has a female main villain. The gameplay is fun and tight and the car chases are exciting.

I really do enjoy both games a lot and they do feel like missing films. However, they would have needed a lot of polish to be accepted as films.

On another bizarre note, Everything or Nothing does strangely predict the future as it predated the inundation of New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina by a full year. Stranger than fiction…

3 Likes

“We once played bridge together. He lost”

3 Likes

My guess is April

A post was split to a new topic: BOND 25 (possible) plot spoilers

If it’s real…it seems the most likely option

That’s what it sounds like to me too.

IMO, this is a spoiler.

It’s relative…

Mod note: moved MaxZorin’s post to a new plot spoiler thread. It’s impossible to say as yet whether this is actually a spoiler or just a made up sequence - but better safe than sorry.

3 Likes

You are most welcome, and thank you for asking the question and the community for creating the space for my somewhat lengthy response.

3 Likes

I specifically asked you for a reason. I wanted an in depth response. So, again, thank you.

Yes, definitely - done.

4 Likes

Here we go…

4 Likes

Yes, here we go indeed…

4 Likes

Interesting bit in the Variety piece that states the major rewrites were perhaps not as much a thing as Playlist laid them out to be.

I think several people here (I’m not one of them) cautioned us about the rewrite story.

So, does that mean that Jeffrey Wright won’t return?

Grateful that we keep this thread spoiler-free - cheers!

1 Like