News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

I´d say: he knew Craig did not want to do more. At that time.

For everybody involved, at the end of SPECTRE there must have been the impression of Craig stepping down.

Yes, definitely. Everything points to it, the script, his comments, those of Waltz, even the whole Sony-leaks pingpong with concerns about story, budget and whatnot. Add to this his injury and possibly also that the climate during shooting wasn’t too jolly and it’s easy to see how Craig at that time didn’t even expect himself he’d be in BOND 25.

They may not have gone into it with the idea it would be Craig’s last. But by the time they wrapped I doubt his infamous comment came as a big surprise.

Reckon there is anything in this?

Seems more like educated guesswork than anything.

I’ll just leave this here haha

Madeleine Swann is Tracy Bond?

Seems like the usual banter from the press. But it actually fits Craig’s Bond.

Oh, so its not personal this time…
And Taken but with Bond…didn´t we have QOS for that sort of plot/action?
Is this a high note to end Craig´s run? I don´t think so. Not if its as simple as Taken. Not if its just another revenge flick. Made it YOLT, with all of that exotic setting and it could work, if Bond slowly gained the taste for being an agent again, and then, at the end, lost its memory and went adrift, to siberia or whatever.
We´ll see, i guess.

It´s a rumour - but it could fit with EON´s statement in hindsight after OHMSS that they should have left off Tracy´s death at the end of the film and started with it at the beginning of the next.

Well, let´s face it: in the CraigEra everything will remain personal…

Truer words were never spoken! As much as I’d prefer a straight-up standalone mission for the next movie, I don’t believe that will be the case and Craig will go out with a mission just as personal as every other one during his tenure.

Absolutely. CR set a precedence for his era which stands alone for the personal story line. If this story line has been leaked and is the only thing the writers can come up with then let them run it, and start a fresh with Bond 7 and stand alone movies. Craig’s tenure will just have to be different.

TBH I’m ok with all of Craig’s having that personal connection - the idea that Craig’s are 5 interlinked stories about Bond rather than typical Bond movies nicely sets them apart from what came before - will also make it easier to move on for Bond 7 with Craig’s era being its own thing.

1 Like

Yep, it’s basically what we’ve been saying. Madeleine gets killed and Bond returns to take down Blofeld or whoever had her assassinated. I wouldn’t have a problem with Craig’s Bond being married because it’s not a foreign concept for the character. And like Tracy, it’d be brief…

It’s not my favorite plot idea, but it’s probably the only way to logically end the Craig era. Everything has sort of built up to it. I’ve always wanted to see 007 go on a personal revenge mission to avenge Tracy - would’ve preferred to have seen it immediately after OHMSS, but that’s a whole different story. If they do this, then we would have a clean break for the next actor to step into the role and free them up to eliminate the “this time it’s personal” and return to more of a lighter-Brosnanesque portrayal.

Would you consider Page Six reliable source? It’s a section of The New York Post, right? Or is it more of a tabloid? Sorry, I don’t read it, but I’m curious.

We’ve had this discussion before. There are rags and there are bloody rags - but even a bloody rag can hit it every once in a while. And then there are solid news outlets, and even they can publish dirt when the circumstances are as they are. There is really no saying for sure.

In this case, the information is what fandom is dancing around since right after SPECTRE premiered, absolutely no surprise. And hedging its bet by arguing the plot might be changed…

Judge for yourself. It’s perfectly thinkable, but it’s also hardly what you’d call a huge revelation.

I see. I was just wondering if Page Six can be considered a reliable source – in general. I understand there’s no good answer if this particular article is solid. Ironically, it may have been made up and still may be true. I mean, it appears there’s not that much options left for Purvis and Wade. And if we’re ever gonna see Garden of Death motif, it’s now.

100% true, imo… For about 2 minutes at the start of the movie, then she’s killed by Irma Bunt a la OHMSS – cut to: Openning Title Song.

When the Title song ends, an adaptation of YOLT kicks off, with Bond on the revenge trail of Dr Shatterhand, only to discover in a dramatic reveal that Shatterhand is in fact Blofeld.

All of this talk about YOLT inspired me to read it again. I’m about halfway right now. I haven’t read it in years (maybe 20), so it’s been very enlightening, especially thinking of it in terms of adapting it in part as Bond 25. It could definitely work!

Must admit it’s been almost a decade since i read it. I might follow suite (once i get through the very s0-s0 Gardner novel Scorpius).

So, a loved one dies and Bond goes for revenge… Quantum of Solace: Part II.