News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

And breath… thanks for the news - can unclench now!

I imagine Bond will be the last thing they throw overboard.

Would be a bit like throwing over your life jackets…

1 Like

As far as I know that completion bond is absolutely obligatory and nothing out of the ordinary.

1 Like

Yeah, but it is also highly unusual that a production entity has no completion bond for a movie and just says: heck, we´ll pay it out of our own pockets if things go south.

Maybe that kind of “we´ve got the bucks”-attitude was what broke Annapurna and had them now revert to the way business is usually conducted - just to be able to still conduct that business.

James Bond’s biggest nemesis has not been Spectre but it’s distribution partners, that’s for sure.

This.

Bond: The Age of Uncertainty. 2008-20??

Very true…

but today, that six-year gap looks almost timely!

3 Likes

It’s all very reminiscent of United Artists. When noble artistic intentions meet fiscal responsibility…

3 Likes

Bond 25: Quantum of Distribution Rights

2 Likes

To borrow from another iconic screen hero: “A man’s got to know his limitations.” - Harry Callahan ‘Magnum Force’

4 Likes

I see that f****** piece of detritus Piers Morgan has made the headlines today, slagging off a picture of Daniel Craig carrying his baby. Google it, I’m not going to post the pic on here.

What I will say is DC’s legs are like tree-trunks. Look at those calf muscles! Looking a bit old but the man IS in his fifties after all…still, he looks in good shape. Priming himself for Bond 25.

5 Likes

Foolish commentary from Piers.

Criticising a father for being a father is ridiculous. Daniel is a human being, not a film character.

3 Likes

Lol there is nothing wrong with that picture. It’s very nice and sweet to see him out with the little one.

4 Likes

What a waste of space. Morgan really is missing the point so spectacularly it´s not funny. Asking 45 to help him is even worse.

2 Likes

In all fairness, it’s neither about Bond nor Craig what this man ejects about - it’s primarily about himself…

5 Likes

Why won’t he be a good boy and die?

Yes, of course, this is all about Morgan’s need for attention. But I’ll give him credit for at least getting off one funny quip: “No mate, 007 wouldn’t be seen dead in a bloody papoose. Unlike male members of the Guardian newsroom, where I believe it’s compulsory even if you don’t have a baby?”

3 Likes

Just a random thought I’d like to share. I was listening to some David Arnold and ‘Snow Business’ came on, which is a very good track. Imagine a cue like that as the Bond 25 trailer music, considering the film now has a Valentine’s Day release date which could be embraced. The franchise doesn’t have to be grit and gloom all the time. How about we go the other way? There was something lush and bittersweet about that track that elicited a strong response in me while thinking about Craig’s last film. A celebration/end of an era vibe.

3 Likes

Snow Business is fantastic, a really brilliant imitation of John Barry’s work :smiley:

2 Likes

It is totally an imitation, but a very good one.