News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

It may be the other way around. The director would jump his current ship but Eon don’t want him to. They wait for him/her and thus have greater leverage when they ask for them to return.

Also, if somebody is really involved in a sound project - not one of the countless ghost productions from development hell - then it always leaves a bad aftertaste if they quit. Yes, it happens all the time, even with some of the best directors. And it wouldn’t, in our day and age, impair on their career. But still…plenty of films start with no more than a handshake or a phone call even today. What are a few months more to Eon? Always provided they have the necessary backing by studio X.

And by now there’s a fight on twitter whether it’s a done deal or not…

Always makes for an entertaning story…

EON probably did this on purpose: not telling enough so media can speculate and generate countless more clickable headlines.

I wonder when EON will break the silence again, because I’m impatient and hate all this tabloid speculation.

My first post on the new forums :slight_smile:

Spotted this earlier. I guess we can look forward to more “nothing has been decided yet” etc.

Interesting indeed. 4 days and we may have more news… or we may have more question dodging.

I predict more question dodging - but Colbert´s show could be a great platform to break the news.

I have my fingers crossed!

I’m hopeful, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if he said ‘wait and see’, with a bigger announcement planned for later on.

DC “still deciding” on Bond 25…

So that’s done then.

Or not.

Or whatever.

Sounds almost as if there was a studio with plans for an alternative go at Bond. Minus Craig.

I must be the only person alive who really doesn’t care about this one way or the other. I don’t consider Craig in any way essential to the success of, or my enjoyment of, the next Bond, but at the same time I have no axe to grind with him. I’d rate him “adequate.”

The only thing that worries me is age. Not his, mine. If EON keeps to its current pace, I may not live to see many more of these things.

Dustin - do you mean like this perhaps? :grin:

No, haven’t seen this before; good find - though I still think it’s nonsense.

But I’ve been having for some time that feeling a studio might offer a deal, only bringing their own Bond along. And when you look back at the recent inconsistencies and contradictions emitted from the Eon-sphere, then this scenario would explain a lot.

“They’re desperate to get going…”

“They’re keen to get going…”

So, Mr. Craig, what exactly is the holdup then?

Does this mean EON would have been fine with a 2018 release, Craig was not ready yet, so they pushed it back a year and gave him an ultimatum?

No, this rather looks as if there’s another deal on the table, presumably by the ones who are going to do the heavy lifting of BOND 25’s budget, studio X. I’d suppose there is someone willing to pay $ n into the pot for the film - and a contender perhaps $ n + x, but with conditions.

Now anybody knows what MGM would prefer. Neither is it a secret that Eon tend to be very true to their leading man - as long as they can.

So this will need sorting.

At this point I’m hoping for a fresh start with an actor who enjoys being in the role. Craig’s moping and dithering are getting really annoying. After he sleepwalked through Spectre, he’s lucky that they even want him back. He needs to Bond or get off the pot.

1 Like

So much for there being a big reveal on tonight’s Late Show, not that that was ever a strong likelihood.

Could be he spoke out on radio to avoid being poked there. At any rate this does not exactly come across as that one big intricate plan to play the PR machinery.

Something made them do their BOND 25 announcement. Something made them omit studio and lead actor and director. And that’s all we can say with any certainty, everything beyond is still guesswork/wishful thinking/tabloid fodder.

It’s a complicated situation, and Craig will probably be not the only factor making things difficult.

I believe he would have said yes already if working on SPECTRE had not been as nightmarish and the MGM power over the proceedings with another distributor did not throw so much uncertainty on another needlessly troubled shoot.