News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

That’s the next risky topic, MGM is far from being an uncomplicated entity, see the reports about their looking for a wholesale buyer. Such stuff doesn’t appear out of nowhere and usually has repercussions inside a company’s fabric. While Craig and Eon are used - up to a point - to some drama he certainly wouldn’t be keen on another helping during his probably last film.

The Hardy/Nolan thing rings true to me. It’s Eon MO, as they did when hiring Brolin to force Moore’s hand.

But unlike the Brolin scenario it could still happen when Craig quits (if as i’m guessing they shoot either 1, or 2 back-to-back), as Hardy will still be just about young enough and it’d be a huge coup for Eon to score another such highly regarded actor.

Of course there’s an element of wish fulfilment encouraging me to believe this story - it could just as easily be codswallop!

Perfectly possible that there is such a pitch with Hardy and/or Nolan, or that it at least was mentioned as ‘Plan B’. And I’d also buy that stuff about a three-films-deal (one with options on two more) and about rushing them out in fast succession.

What I don’t buy is Craig caring by whom he’s going to be replaced, or seeing Hardy as the last person to get the gig. That sounds quite like the stuff ‘insiders’ let drop during cocktails. Sooner or later it’s bound to happen and by all means Hardy could be Bond for a year already.

To me Craig’s interview tallies with the Eon press release. Craig would like to come back, Eon would like to move - but by now they are no longer the only ones to decide.

What I don’t buy is Craig caring by whom he’s going to be replaced, or seeing Hardy as the last person to get the gig. That sounds quite like the stuff ‘insiders’ let drop during cocktails. Sooner or later it’s bound to happen and by all means Hardy could be Bond for a year already.

Agreed. That sounds made-up. Why should Craig care who succeeds him?

Well seeing as DC is due to appear on American TV tonight hopefully we may have some more news in the morning…

Orrrrrrrr maybe not!!

Watch this brief clip from Colbert’s upcoming interview with Craig:

I’m thinking they’re waiting to announce this officially at a later point, maybe in October which is the anniversary of Bond. A press conference type of thing where it’s a bigger deal. “Nothing official has been confirmed” is what Craig said. I’m still confident the guy will be back for one more.

Craig just confirmed he is returning for Bond 25. I’m watching it live on Colbert now.

And he said at the end of the interview that he thinks this will be his last one.

First post, been reading the forums for a long time, was so excited to see the news of Craig returning that I had to post. Not the biggest fan of Craig’s bond but it’s very exciting.

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks Tiin007 exciting night to join.

Craig also clarified at the end of the interview that it will be his last. Finally, a Bond actor gets to go out on his own terms (and hopefully on a high note).

Glad it’s official that Craig will be back.

I do wonder since this was announced on Stephen Colbert’s show which airs on CBS if Bond 25 may have landed not at Warner Bros. but at Paramount Pictures. Viacom owns Paramount and has a controlling stake in CBS.

Is there some corporate synergy at work?

It’s odd that he gives a contradictory statement on the very day somewhere else, yes. But then there could be other considerations, too. CBS and Colbert have a vastly greater reach than a radio station and it could have been decided that’s what they want for the confirmation.

Craig has been very humble and excused himself for saying something different earlier. Also he took once more the egg on his face for the wrist-thingy. And no further details were disclosed, which still indicates that they can’t be disclosed yet.

okay, so that confirmation by himself is solid.

Still, why did they wait for this?

What is going on behind the scenes?

What has happened since the first press release?

Aaaand EON themselves also confirm: http://www.007.com/daniel-craig-return-james-bond/ Makes me think this announce was def planned.

Dustin, doesn’t he say in the Colbert interview himself that he had to play coy in other interviews?

Official confirmation by Craig and Eon
https://www.jborbisnonsufficit.com/2017/08/16/daniel-craig-confirms-he-will-return/

He excused himself for saying something else on the very day. Could be CBS secured themselves the scoop some time ago, could be a studio’s stake in the matter. But if it was Paramount they could just come out and say so. It’s not as if that was stealing anybody’s thunder.

So Eon say they do BOND 25 with Craig, Craig confirms he’ll be back. No let’s see who is going to pick up the tap on that.

Well, I wasn’t expecting this after his first round of comments. So this is unexpected but absolutely welcomed. As a big fan of Craig’s 007, I’m really happy to have this finally officially confirmed.

Yeah, I find that part very exciting. After all of the fuss about ‘will he return?’, I’m viewing Bond 25 as a bonus for Craig. Five films is a solid number - the original tally Connery was going to end on. The question is if they end Craig’s Bond on a happy note ala SPECTRE, or something more sombre. We’ll have to wait and see.

Yes, this is especially relevant. Craig saying himself it would be his last debunks all the two-film-deal rumours (which may have been rehashed leftovers from SPECTRE times to begin with) and it gives hope he’ll leave on a high note. Even for those who liked SPECTRE the film was tarnished by ‘The Wrist Affair’ - now he’s got the chance to make it up again.