News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

I think Mendes is done.

I’m a fan of the fight, not just for the action itself, but because I found the contest believable. Bond had to improvise with the environment because in terms of raw power he was outmatched. Apart from setting Hinx’s jacket on fire, Bond doesn’t really inflict any serious damage on the guy during the main event. It’s not my favourite fight in the Craig era, but it’s a down and dirty scrap, and I always love those.

I think you perfectly summed up my issues with the train fight.

I’m happy Craig’s coming back for one more. He’s my second favorite Bond after Connery, and I thought his performance in Spectre was spot-on, even if the movie had problems. I hope B25 is as good as B21 was!

Disagree

http://s3.amazonaws.com/images.hitfix.com/assets/1821/7skyfall.jpg

But to each his own.

1 Like

Indeed. On the whole hand to hand has been brilliant in the Craig era. QOS included

This is good news, despite the late date. Now we just need Villeneuve and Deakins behind the camera, David Arnold on the score, Adele coming back, a fantastic script based on YOLT with an oriental setting, and thats that. The only things that bug me, really, are the 2019 date and Purvis and Wade being involved.

Well let’s hope that the elongated release date can create a solid script on which to send DC out on. I am glad he’s back but this movie needs to be right, otherwise his promising start to Bond will end cold and flat.

Good news indeed. So, we have our Bond, a firm release date and a script in the works. Now, as Craig said his return was done a few months back and also prior to the release date being announced, has some deal been struck for distribution and just being kept hush until it’s finalized? To set a date, something has to have been decided on.

Great news to hear that Craig is back for one more Bond film. As I suspected from the off-set, despite all of the media misdirection.

And since Craig told us of his comeback the Guardian now can tell us why Bond couldn’t afford to lose Craig (after telling us recently why Craig must quit the role…)

Oh, of course. We’ve come to expect this sort of backpedaling from the media. It’s embarrassing.

1 Like

Good to have a definite decision on Craig nailed down. Now let’s focus on directors.

BTW, love the new forum. Still figuring my way through, but kudos to everyone for the hard work.

Is this the first time a Bond actor has announced in advance that the next film will be his last? I prefer it this way. A swan song has much less impact if it is recognized only retrospectively. If everyone knows that Bond 25 is going to be the last Craig entry, it will generate a special kind of public enthusiasm, and it will spare us from another vague and downbeat “opaque” period like 2002-2004.

Does anyone know when they started treating a blokes a passing opinion as news? I find it annoying tbh, if I’m on a news site I want the actual information, not seven pages on what the journalist thinks about it.

1 Like

Yes, having a definite end to Craig’s tenure would certainly give the film a whole different gravitas - although SPECTRE already went quite far down that road and still didn’t make the most of it. Let’s hope that can be solved now.

I suppose it’s one of these ‘Opinion Pieces’ the newspapers do when a bit story breaks.

In all fairness, it’s from the ‘arts’ section, so subjective by default.

Just seems like an odd thing to have, more of a filler than anything. It doesn’t inform or entertain, it’s just sort of…there.

I know, but depending on the contributor, some people want to read a definable human’s opinion on the day’s news, whatever it may be. It’s standard practice, especially for “the newspapers of record”, though some of the more up-market tabloids use opinion pieces too. It’s really about newspapers presenting news in a range of ways, I suppose. Not everyone will agree with the opinion presented of course but it’s also there to generate a lively debate in the online comments section!

Daniel Craig :ballot_box_with_check:
Jeffrey Wright :grey_question:
Léa Seydoux :grey_question:
Christoph Waltz :grey_question:
Dave Bautista :grey_question:

Martin Campbell :grey_question:
David Arnold :grey_question: