News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

Same. I like to pretend the series is already finished. That way, I’m no longer in suspense.

:joy::joy::joy:

Well, the hyperbole that seems to be a sign of these times can easily be stopped by fact-checking: BOND 25 is still slated for release in November 2019, Daniel Craig has confirmed he will star in it, Danny Boyle has confirmed he is in talks to direct.

And even if this combination falls apart, there will be a BOND 25 unless the world is ending. There has always been a new Bond, EON will not consider stopping their central engine. Bond has become bigger than its creators and will endure.

Yay!

8 Likes

Damn right it will. We’ll see this through. Much like 007 himself, Eon will play it down to the wire on the release. If they have to, then so be it. For any of us that survived the “DARK YEARS - July '89-November '95” this can be handled. Also, wouldn’t mind Bond films returning to Summer or better yet, mid spring or fall release dates. Less competition at box office.

(looks about office… Opens Single Malt vault… Selects three bottles, places a dozen Waterford tumblers on coffee table along with two bottles of still and two sparkling waters… Lights cigarette… Cues up Barry playlist)

And now spies and spyettes…Pour yourself a glass, enjoy the music and relax as we embrace the fun part of the espionage game…

We wait.

3 Likes

Or the dark years from 2002-2006 and 2008-2012. Bond 25 will get here, as of now, there has been no delay. It is still set to drop November 2019 with Daniel Craig. We’ve got a new novel releasing in September. We’ll have 26 new Marvel movies and 14 new Star Wars to tide us over. We’ll be fine…unless Stromberg succeeds in blowing up the world or Trevelyan sends us back to the stone age, we’ll survive.

3 Likes

May 31!

At the current Amazon UK price it’s actually a couple dollars cheaper to ship it from the UK to US than to order from the US (which is out in Nov)…

That would be why I messed that one up, thanks

Looking forward to picking up my copy at the launch.

1 Like

So m many ‘dark years’ for Bond fans nowadays. Thing is, Eon knew the 89-95 gap was a big deal, but they seem so much more relaxed about gaps now.

89 was overall a different situation in terms of where the franchise was standing. The Cold War was over, Bond films had gone through a slow and steady descent from the blockbuster heights of TSWLM and MR. Nobody was really sure what kind of future there would be for 007. What Lazenby’s agent predicted in 1969, the end of the series, seemed to have finally arrived twenty years later.

Today James Bond remains one of the most valuable assets in the industry. There is no shortage of wars, hot, cold, secret or ouvert; likewise bloodshed and megalomania and criminal stupidity are on the rise, plenty of need for audiences to settle down for two hours and watch a hero sweating it in a less complex world that nonetheless closely resembles our own.

It’s a sure bet that James Bond will return. Even if there were once more a longer gap like 89 - 95, jumpstarting 007 after such a long time would still be like printing your own money. That’s why, if you lived through those dark times, you look at it from a slightly different angle. Yes, the stop-and-go routine is annoying. But sooner or later the train will pick up speed again.

6 Likes

Indeed. Only a copyright issue will stop Bond, or a five film decline in gross profits.

Now THERE’s some speculation I can hang on to. :trophy:

2 Likes

A Bunt in the oven?

2 Likes

A Bond in the oven.

The Baby is the real Blofeld!

Would explain the baldness…

2 Likes

Unless its the Charles Gray or Christoph Waltz Blofeld.

2 Likes

I never considered this idea. It would be a huge selling point.

I imagine that EON and DC talked at some point about casting Rachel Weisz in a Bond film but would have decided that this would be a cheap idea and take audiences out of the film immediately, since everybody only would think about the private life of DC and RW.

In fact, actors who are married or privately involved are very, very seldomly cast in the same movie, unless you want to exploit that fact and make it a part of the story (see Kubrick´s EYES WIDE SHUT).

I imagine she was brought up as a name during the Brosnan era, and no doubt for Vesper. Now though, unless they wanted to go with Tracy (they wont) i dont see them going for it.