News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

Let’s stop using that quote, shall we?

If previous schedules give us any hint of Bond 25 scheduling, it would start near the end of 2018, the same time as Maleficent…

As its been 3 years since he said it, and yet there it is, how about we turn it into a drinking game?

2 Likes

I’m down. Not sure how long I’ll last though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In all seriousness though, I think the reason it won’t go away is that it basically insults his fans. Especially, after having seen the film and viewing his lazy performance.

I don’t even think it’s to do with the fans. Or the film itself or his performance. It’s just one of those comments that are just too drastic and spontaneous, badly thought-out and delivered at the worst of times. Simply too bad to let them rest in today’s media.

Something like this happened to most of us at some time or other, only we were lucky enough not to have a camera and a pack of journalists present. This is likely still going to come back and bite him in his south pole ten years from now.

2 Likes

I think its something he regrets. I think he even admitted as much, months after he said it.

And btw: His Performance in SPECTRE was flawless, IMO.

4 Likes

I respectfully disagree, SAF. I felt Craig was phoning it in like Connery in his Bond twilight.

I think it’s his most assured performance as 007 , Spectre in years to come will be viewed fondly , like a good Scotch it will age well

3 Likes

This is the latest story, also from the Express

Bond to die, anyone???

_

I’m so tired of that comment (:cocktail:, as per rules of the drinking game). I’ve always maintained that Craig is contracted for five Bond movies and will end up doing five. Curious that his salary is $25M considering the rumor he turned down $100M for two Bonds a year or two ago. But I wouldn’t take anything in that article seriously.

1 Like

I’ve found Skyfall has aged so well and I appreciate it more than I did when I first saw it. Part of that is how beautiful it is and how much symbolism there is. The main flaw is the villian’s impossible foresight with the train in the tunnel. Aside from that it’s great.

Spectre - i’m not sure. Since its release i’ve liked it less and less, and I have very little interest in rewatchign it. Hopefully in a few years or more it can be enjoyed like an aged scotch. Time will tell?

1 Like

I dont know, has Quantum of Solace aged well?

Hmm…It’s stayed the same for me. It has clearly aged, but my estimation of it is similar to when I first saw it. It’s still a bit jarring and un-bond-like, but worth a watch nonetheless. CR has also stayed the same for me; again, it’s clearly aged but still great.

I hope not.

Craig demanding his “Logan” is an old rumour, but I would not be surprised if there was some kernel of truth in it.

However, I think that whole idea is totally wrong for Bond. And to have him die at the end to set up spin-offs with the new female agent would be a terrible way of moving forward.

1 Like

Bond needs to stay away from this extended universe crap.

1 Like

It has for me.

Hindsight would probably call it one of the worst decisions in cinematic history.

Surely no one at Eon is this dumb!

It can’t be.

Right?

Oh Im sure they could be…but then again maybe I’m just a pessimist.