News on NO TIME TO DIE (no spoilers)

Just like we sometimes have separate threads with spoilers/no spoilers, I wish we had a Bond 25 news thread that didn’t allow posting stories from The Express or The Sun.

Look at what you get when you do a Google news search for “James Bond.” It’s only The Express and it’s a fresh story every day… :roll_eyes:

I remember saying something about this in the old forums in regards to whatculture articles.

1 Like

The whole idea of pausing James Bond films to get the rookie her own spin-off films would point to a very strange perception of the irreplaceability of Daniel Craig.

He is a great James Bond, yes. World wide audiences have accepted and love him, absolutely.

But is he a more beloved Bond than Connery, Moore or Brosnan were during their tenures?

I doubt that.

And would audiences need time to get over him not being Bond anymore?

C´mon…

No, this cannot be true. And this cannot be the spectacular Boyle/Hodge idea.

Please…

I certainly do not need time to get over Craig.

I need about one year, two max.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I like Craig…a lot, but he’s the sixth different actor to play Bond. I won’t need time to get used to the next actor. I do hope the films take on a different tone though.

1 Like

And a large whiskey :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

… if it comes along with a good new actor in a great new film. :sunglasses:

1 Like

The money Craig is getting for this next one is ludicrous when you consider that Roger got four million for his seventh film (even with inflation, it wouldn’t be anywhere close).

There’s this idea that Craig is irreplaceable - which is strange, when five others played the role before him (six if you include Niven).

I remember a time when a lot of people thought that Brosnan was irreplaceable too. Craig proved them wrong and I’m sure his successor will do the same. Sometimes it feels like half of fandom/ the media treat the current Bond as if he’s irreplaceable while the other half have been trying to recast the role for the last decade.

1 Like

That’s not just a feeling.

I treat him as neither. Craig has done a fantastic job, but I’ll be fine seeing someone else take over.

Interesting related graphic on current salaries for top actors. It doesn’t suck to be Daniel Craig!

2 Likes

I can’t imagine what he pays in tax on that.

Worth noting that Lea Seydoux has 2 projects lines up - “The Horse Boy” set to start shooting in October, then “The Story of my Wife” will follow in 2019…

I, personally, really hope she isn’t in Bond 25.

If she’s in it, then her death scene will be pre-titles, so her filming commitment pretty small.

I know fans have been saying that since it came out but… why does that have to be the case?

Please bear in mind that No One will know who is paid what. And if you think this is an erroneous statement, ask yourselves what your neighbour in your office gets paid.

99 times out of a hundred, you will not know. So bearing in mind these people are not public officials whose salaries are maybe supposed to be made public, to the public, all the above is purely bollocks.

As for the tables above, Lord only knows from where they have collated those figures, but even if the meagre chances are that they are correct, the correct standpoint when seeing these figures would be, one of total disbelief. And from there you can rest decently distanced.

And if that is disbelieved, ask yourselves this. Who would be the one person who would make these figures public.

The star. No.

The Producer. No.

The agent. Most certainly not.

Who else would know, and be stupid enough to stick their heads above the parapet to make it known???