No Time to Die theme song POLL ADDED

Gotta say: EON really went all in for this film, with Zimmer and Eilish the biggest high profile artists completing the “we throw everything at this but the kitchen sink”-impression.

Then again, with expectations of breaking the 1 billion dollar mark they have to…

Hopefully, it will work. With the latest Star Wars film approaching the 1 billion mark and still being considered a box office disappointment, one wonders whether the beancounters have really lost their marbles.

3 Likes

LTK theme disastrous? Hmm, never heard it called a classic but never heard it called disastrous either. Care to elaborate?

2 Likes

How long before the film’s opening do we figure the single will be released?

I suspect one month prior. Maybe she debuts it at the Grammys!

Spectre opened Oct 26 in the UK and Writings on the Wall seems to have showed up (music video posted) October 5th - so I would suspect around March sometime before a big TV performance sometime around April release date

My girlfriend is a huge fan of Eilish and introduced me to her stuff. I’ve never really followed music so I was genuinely surprised they went with someone I’ve heard of an actually like. Put me down as pleasantly surprised an optimistic.

4 Likes

Weren’t we all huge Bond fans when we were 18? Yes, just probably not singers and songwriters. Looking forward to hearing her.

1 Like

And I’m actually starting to reverse my initial impression - the more I listen to her album the more I like it.

1 Like
5 Likes

Both his monologue and the video take were hilarious.

And I am betting (admittedly nothing more tangible than some loose words) this song will be superb.

:rofl:
Great fun. Thanks!
Will definitely pass this video along…

1 Like

My current favourite of the diminutive and preposterously talented popstrel is this.

A quirky little number, it beats along at a nice clip.

1 Like

Not my kind of thing. It’s not utterly bad, but it clearly sounds like something inconsequential a teenager would do while playing around with a music app in her bedroom.
Let’s hope they’ll hire real songwriters for the Bond song.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that was already decided per the announcement: it’s her and her brother, her usual collaborator, writing it.

“We are excited to announce that Billie and FINNEAS have written an incredibly powerful and moving song for No Time To Die , which has been impeccably crafted to work within the emotional story of the film,” said producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli.

Yes. And from what I hear from them, I do hope they’ll get help for writting the Bond song.
I’m all for fresh talent and new voices; I’m just worried that if those 2 do what I’ve heard so far, it won’t fit.

1 Like

you’ll be surprised how much a good production and orchestra can make something sound Bond-esque, wouldn’t worry too much yet

4 Likes

the emotional story of the film”… Here they go again! Even for the title song they have to hammer that wording ad nauseam.

Gosh! Since when did Bond become a drama genre? Traditionally they went for “adventure and excitement”, or stuff like that.

Oh well, I’ll just drink 3 or 4 Martinis before going into the theatre; that should help me see only the bright side of it all…

4 Likes

Since a man was tortured with a carpet beater before his girlfriend committed suicide.

13 Likes

You win the internet today

3 Likes