No Time to Die theme song

That is great!

Beat me to it. :+1:

If age really is a criterion, they’d should pick Bob Dylan. He’ll be 79 this year, has won Oscar, Golden Globe, Grammies, Pulitzer and Nobel Prize (just to name a few). Anyone but me who’d love to see that? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No, really, age means nothing at all when it comes to music. I’ve seen seventeen-year-olds who’d outperform many a seasoned pro, so I’m all in favor for Billie Eilish. Thing is just, her music doesn’t click with me - but that’s something I can say about man others who did Bond themes.

4 Likes

That is true. With rare exception, I probably don’t own anything other than the title tune on the soundtrack album for most Bond song contributors, offhand exceptions being Paul McCartney and Duran Duran.

1 Like

It’s good to see the same level of interest amongst them as for the latest Marvel movie.

Lucky for her she missed it…

Ta dum

nothing will be as perfect (but old fashioned) as Bassey´s >No good about Goodbye< to close the circle with Craig´s last film …

10 hours.

3 hours longer than you thought @Stbernard

4 Likes

Hmm, good question / point.

I Have owned in the past, but have parted company with, Albums for;

A-Ha
Madonna
Garbage (In this case, the band name and the film content being entirely synonymous)

The rest have rather passed me by.

1 Like

Ok, being in my late thirties I admit I hadn’t heard of Eilish prior to the December rumour. I’ve listened to her songs for couple of hours today and while most of them are not my taste, I must admit that there is something in her music. And I trust both her and her brother are capable to write a really solid song for NTTD.
And by the way, her “I love you” is probably the most interesting pop song I’ve heard in… I don’t know, two years (remember that I am not that young anymore so I usually listen to what I already know :slightly_smiling_face:)?
I believe she is not to be underestimated.

3 Likes

I feel robbed

2 Likes

For those of you who don’t know Billie Eilish this carpool karaoke is a good sample of her music and her as a person.

2 Likes

When she was doing one of those songs her voice did not sound dissimilar to whoever did the theme song for Nightfire.

Almost certainly true.

Heck, the song itself isn’t really even important anyway. The Academy proved that last time around by giving whatever that song from SPECTRE was an Oscar.

2 Likes

Chris Cornell and Jack White for me

That’s not the way it works buddy;

Grief, One by One by One, and When the Party’s Over are two videos and songs that grip ya…

Never heard of her. But then again, I never heard of Adele nor Sam Smith before they did their Bond song (and, actually, I never listened to them afterwards… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), so…

I kinda trust EON in their choice. Except for LTK, QoS and Spectre theme songs that were disastrous, I never really disliked any. Some were only average (TND, for instance), but still enjoyable.

So let’s wait and hear…

1 Like

Gotta say: EON really went all in for this film, with Zimmer and Eilish the biggest high profile artists completing the “we throw everything at this but the kitchen sink”-impression.

Then again, with expectations of breaking the 1 billion dollar mark they have to…

Hopefully, it will work. With the latest Star Wars film approaching the 1 billion mark and still being considered a box office disappointment, one wonders whether the beancounters have really lost their marbles.

3 Likes

LTK theme disastrous? Hmm, never heard it called a classic but never heard it called disastrous either. Care to elaborate?

2 Likes

How long before the film’s opening do we figure the single will be released?