RIP - Paying Respects to those we've Lost

I recommend watching a triple bill of THE THREE MUSKETEERS, FANTASTIC VOYAGE and THE LAST OF SHEILA in her memory.

5 Likes

All three good choices, but especially THE LAST OF SHEILA.

3 Likes

From Werner Herzog:

“Tom has been on my side my entire professional life,” Herzog said. “He was the one who invited me with my first feature film ‘Signs of Life’ to the Pacific Film Archive more than half a century ago, and he has been my friend and guardian ever since. But there is much more than that. With him an entire epoch of deep film culture is coming to an end. We are losing a National Treasure. He was a director’s director, he connected filmmakers worldwide. And it is no coincidence that he brought me together with my wife Lena 28 years ago. We thank him every day for this. I have no words to express my sadness.”

1 Like

First Raquel, and now Stella. Who is looking after Angie Dickinson?

THE NUTTY PROFESSOR will now be screening after THE LAST OF SHEILA (THE BALLAD OF CABLE HOGUE would also be acceptable).

3 Likes

Sad news. One of the greatest sex symbols of the 20th Century–and one who aged very well. And she very nearly was the Bond girl Domino Derval in Thunderball but wound up doing Fantastic Voyage instead.

R.I.P. Raquel. You will be missed.

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

I only knew of him through Law and Order, in which he was brilliant.
RIP

2 Likes
3 Likes
9 Likes

Topol was perfect casting. He wasn’t rotund like Fleming’s original but otherwise captured the roguish charm and zest for life that characterize Bond’s allies in the books.

10 Likes

FYEO was the second Bond film i owned, and how good Topol was has never lessened despite MANY rewatches.

9 Likes
1 Like

Yes, Topol was one of the very best Bond allies–second only to Pedro Armendariz’s Kerim Bey in From Russia With Love. He had plenty of charm and charisma and perfectly captured Columbo on screen. He was great!

R.I.P. Topol. Thanks for the memories.

6 Likes

Something that’s odd - normally when somebody in the Bond community dies, the official 007 social media pages will post a small tribute to them. There was nothing for Topol…

2 Likes

On the actual website, but not on any of the socials oddly.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Truly sad, what a tragedy.

This one really hurts. He was in so many thing. Looking forward to seeing him in John Wick 4.

4 Likes