Skyfall Plotholes

Bond is clearly shown taking his gloves off when he is sitting in the car before even entering the building, so any thought that they had to be removed via CGI is ridiculous (and that’s not directed at Simon because this theory has definitely been out there for years).

As for why he randomly puts them back on? The bigger question is - why does he randomly put his gun away?

The answer for both is the same - to serve the script.

Ok - again apologies if all already discussed (late to the party, no doubt), but I was interested in how we got from one of the first press images showing gloves to what was filmed, or ultimately shown.

1 Like

They presumably filmed it, then came up with the gun idea, which I seem to recall was last minute, so reshot Craig’s links to the fight scene they’d already shot, hence why he has to take off his gloves, and put them back on again.

Fair play. Let’s go with that.

Cheers.

Yup. Indeed.

Something I’ve never grasped: Bond gets hit with Patrice’s bullet, but where does Moneypenny hit him?

1 Like

Woah, you’re right. How did I miss that? I never thought about the fact he should have two bullet injuries.

Yeah. We’re meant to believe Eve hits Bond but we never see the evidence of that. They use one bullet shot to serve two ideas. The depleted uranium shell is 100% from Patrice, and that’s how Patrice is tracked down. But it’s like the film allows Patrice’s shot to also be Eve’s.

1 Like

Well spotted! Never occurred to me.

I’ve wondered that forever. Seems to me the writers just forgot about it. Or it had a clean exit wound and he had surgery to remove the scar? I dunno, never super bothered me.

1 Like

Alright, everybody pull up a chair and pour yourself a dram if scotch…

Bond is hit by Patrice’s bullet when he’s in the backhoe. The wound (that he later digs the bullet out of) is in the upper chest.

The bullet Eve hits him with is in the lower abdomen/side, which is absolutely visible after she shoots him…

1 Like

Bond points to exactly where she shot him when he meets her at Mi6.

Yes, during the scenes at the underground HQ - but does he have any visible scarring on his side from that shot? :thinking: I don’t remember - but then I didn’t remember the two spots showing after his fall either.

Well, he’s wearing a suit at the time, and all his shirtless shots for the rest of the film are sure to hide the place he was shot, often just showing his back or pecs.

Absolutely. I have to confess I haven’t seen SKYFALL in some years.

But regarding the wound(s) the actual plot hole is probably more that Bond definitely must have had some kind of treatment after being shot two times and falling - yet that treatment didn’t include cutting the projectile fragment from under his skin. That shouldn’t have waited until he’s back home - though it makes for a scene in front of the mirror.

Perhaps Bond did it himself?

CraigBond would do it.

Him and Dalton would no doubt use a bottle of whisky to sterilise it.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s the issue. I now see Eve’s gunshot is visible in the PTS (as you demonstrated - thank you), but it’s never explicitly shown later on, and the damage repair from that shot is never shown. It’s all about Patrice’s gunshot, as it ends up driving the plot more.

Much like Jinx’s lovely bare torso in the final shot of DAD, covered in diamonds. But that which should have sported a sword wound from the earlier fight with Miranda.

1 Like