Tenet (2020) - Christopher Nolan

They can’t. That would go against the narrative that everything is back to normal.

1 Like

Gotta keep those portfolios happy.

1 Like

They had a new case June 18th, and then a couple more each day since. They have 20 active cases now as of June 28th, just below Vietnam (where USS Roosevelt got infected) with 25.

So they’re not done.

Further, NY canceled their fall opera season, and San Francisco its symphony performances for 2020. Likewise, many festivals and concerts (Coachella had postponed to October, Outside Lands in Golden Gate Park, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, etc.)

But I hear Bournemouth has good beach crowds!

1 Like

The thing about official numbers is that they only show what officialdom sees: the number of tests confirmed positive - but what you don’t test cannot show up. Without a way to mass-screen a whole country at a given time we are dependent on probes and can only guess about the parts of society we didn’t yet test.

Especially with this new coronavirus it’s possible COVID-19 is around for weeks or months without showing up on the radar. You would probably have to go for three or four months without any new cases before you could be sure there really are no new cases.

2 Likes

And another terrifying quote from a German head of the cinema union, commenting on the 1,5 m distance between seats being too wide to run a profit:

„I believe 1m would feel safe enough.“

Believe and feel.

1 Like

…I refer to every other post I’ve made in this thread in the last (Jesus) two months.

There’s a Monty Python song I made a few posts ago…

2 Likes

It’s hard to imagine the pathology that enables such a callus statement. He’s of the same school of thought as Boris Johnson — £££

I’d certainly like to see Le Chiffre make this chap feel something in a socially distanced wicker chair.

2 Likes

I think that’s his first draft of Bond 26 that Nolan’s holding. He’s obviously saying to the crew:

Yes, whatever, that’ll do! Just press the red button and get the shot. I’ve just had another Bond idea and I need to write it down immediately before I forget again!”

1 Like
2 Likes

„We can’t wait to be back.“

We can’t wait to be paid

2 Likes

I’ve heard the printed versions don’t have dates, but I can’t confirm that.

Only in theatres?

In the UK we tend to just say cinema.

I think the things in HEAVY BOLD WHITE have been added on later…notice JDW gets credited twice because of it.

I just noticed the twitter thread it’s posted on is just followed with people taking bets as to what date it’ll change to.

2 Likes

I usually say “do you want to see a movie?” :smile:

Well, collect those posters now for posterity. Maybe it‘ll amuse when the film is released after the pandemic is over as a double feature with NTTD.

2 Likes

Or stream one, stream the other for free…!

2 Likes

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/tenetr-new-posters-images-nolan-090253004.html

It looks like words were had between the twitter poster and this one…