Villain Deathmatch - Round 1 Match 3

• Koskov & Whitaker
  • Silva

0 voters

The World, it is said, is not enough and, bored by lockdown, it appears that villainous in-fighting has broken out to such an extent that things have to be settled between the Bond villains.

Accordingly, fate brings forth a series of 12 deathmatches, villain v villain – and you determine who wins, simply by voting for your favourite.

Winner goes through to the next round, loser receives a small funeral service with only pirhanas and a few tearful jumpsuited goons in attendance.

Picking the first round of matches at random from names drawn from the Covid-19 face-covering Mrs Jim has ordered for me (a bucket), there are some interesting encounters and some potential first round giantkillings and clashes of titans (and Titans! Will! Clash!, apparently).

Yes, I know some are tag-teams (eg Whitaker & Koskov) but this is only for giggles, they are fictional and – ultimately – are two heads better than one?

Will cast my eye over the bloodstrewn battlefields in a week from now. Any ties will be administered a coup-de-grace, also known as a flip of a coin. I know that’s unfair but consider who we’re dealing with here, and cope.

1 Like

Love the results diagram for this one. The clock’s struck 12 for Koskov & Whitaker, the pumpkin villains of the franchise.

2 Likes

It just struck 13…

2 Likes

:astonished: Good Lord!

Although Jeroen Krabbé is like me from The Netherlands I thought he was a very weak villain. Funny yes, but that is not realy what I want for a Bondvillain.

1 Like

Koskov had charisma and Whiitaker was a narcissistic buffoon, whereas Silva was driven and had a plan the Joker might have envied. Although I prefer TLD to Skyfall, I’ll have to go with Raoul on this one.

1 Like

Hard to go against Silva. He’d be a strong contender against any villain in the series.

2 Likes

Indeed, but just like a World Cup draw it’s good to match strong with weak in the early stages, or the finals are too predictable

Silva was the strongest and best scripted performance since Kamal Khan. Awesome, memorable and an instant classic.

4 Likes

I daresay he just needed that introduction scene to secure his legacy.

2 Likes

There’s almost no scene with Silva that’s not poignant, showing his many facets or just plain fun to ponder. He appears late in the film - but after he appears he steals the show. Not many villains in the Bond canon are so intriguing I would actually sit through a film entirely about them.

3 Likes

This isn’t even a contest. Silva is villain perfection. Koskov and Whitaker are, um…is there anything memorable about them? I guess that they are the worst main villains in the series?

1 Like

Silva takes Gold

:joy: that someone voted K&W :joy:

1 Like

I’ll go ahead and say it, I actually like Brad Whitaker and Georgi Koskov better than Raoul Silva. :scream:

But if in a straight up death match, I have to admit Silva would beat them.