Villain Deathmatch - Round 1 Match 8

• Klebb & Grant
  • Gustav Graves

0 voters

The World, it is said, is not enough and, bored by lockdown, it appears that villainous in-fighting has broken out to such an extent that things have to be settled between the Bond villains.

Accordingly, fate brings forth a series of 12 deathmatches, villain v villain – and you determine who wins, simply by voting for your favourite.

Winner goes through to the next round, loser receives a small funeral service with only pirhanas and a few tearful jumpsuited goons in attendance.

Picking the first round of matches at random from names drawn from the Covid-19 face-covering Mrs Jim has ordered for me (a bucket), there are some interesting encounters and some potential first round giantkillings and clashes of titans (and Titans! Will! Clash!, apparently).

Yes, I know some are tag-teams (eg Whitaker & Koskov) but this is only for giggles, they are fictional and – ultimately – are two heads better than one?

Will cast my eye over the bloodstrewn battlefields in a week from now. Any ties will be administered a coup-de-grace, also known as a flip of a coin. I know that’s unfair but consider who we’re dealing with here, and cope.

I both love Lenya and Shaw. They were so good!

What criteria goes into selecting these match-ups?

Grim determination and ambition coupled with psychotic viciousness and low cunning
versus
a crooked, egotistical dictator wannabe (apparently they’re not all in North Korea, although some have friends there)

I’ll take the classic duo.

1 Like

Random factor at this stage. Names out of a hat. one belonging to a small man who lost a fight with a chicken.

1 Like

Never made an easier click!

1 Like

If it’s two against one, I’ll go with Rosa Klebb and Donald “Red” Grant. But if it’s straight Mano a Mano, villain vs. villain, Klebb vs. Tan-Sun Moon aka Gustav Graves, I’ll go with Moon/Graves.