What are you listening to?

Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin)

1 Like

The James Bond Theme - ParodiFair

1 Like

Alan Parsons Project - The Raven

Steve Hackett – Wuthering Nights

This live album has 2 CDs and a bluray for $17!. Features half of the Wind and Wuthering album. First CD has solo Steven Hackett stuff, second has 1970s Genesis. Great stuff.

1 Like

A widescreen blu ray of the original 80s movie The Hitcher has finally been released (in Germany). I have real love for this highly under appreciated, atmospheric poem on life and death disguised as a piece of genre horror.

The script, direction and performances are all top draw. But my favourite aspect has always been the haunting score by Mark Islam.

So with a 1080p version in the post to me in the UK I’ve been immersing myself in Isham’s soundscape of endless open desert roads and their black clad iconic spectre intent upon forcing a young man to kill his demon.

Is John Ryder simply a sadistic, psychopathic hitchhiker, or is he a supernatural presence? The movie never really tells you (out loud), letting you decide for yourself. But there’s a single, subtle key moment in the final act that suggests which. Such subtlety in a violent horror movie is a rare thing and makes this movie just as good, just as unique as it was on release.

Whatever your opinion upon Ryder’s nature and motive - other worldly or not - there’s always something ethereally supernatural just over the horizon from the film’s opening frame thanks to Isham’s amazing score.

2 Likes

What a lovely set of music! My brother and I saw this tour and had the amazing pleasure of being able to meet Steve prior to the show. It was a real bucket list item for me!

Great photo!

I am listening to Steve Hackett - Behind the Smoke

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I saw him a few years ago (2014?) and just bought his new one, At the Edge of Light, and have tickets for his Selling England/Spectral Nights show come October.

2 Likes

I listened to At the Edge of Light this morning on the train to work

Been taking my sweet time listening to the Beatles (White Album) Super Deluxe for a while now. The demos are the greatest thing ever. I’m addicted to Revolution 1 (Take 18) at the moment.

Julian Lennon - Saltwater

2 Likes

Game of Thrones theme, only 1 1/2 months left…

1 Like

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - From the Beginning (live)

(minus Palmer)

1 Like

New Dream Theater Album, Distance Over Time, a return to form.

Ooh, I will have to check it out

When Smokey Sings - ABC

1 Like

Slugged through rain drenched morning traffic with a little Help from my friends. Beatles - HELP!

3 Likes

Bjorn Riis - Where are you now?

Check out that impressive guitar solo in the middle.

1 Like

Listened to all the Bond themes at work today. Additionally, saw that Gladys Knight, Rita Coolidge, and Tom Jones will be in New Orleans for Jazzfest this year. Duran Duran was also here just a few weeks ago and I’ve got a recording of them doing A View to a Kill.

4 Likes

I’ve been writing with Bernard Hermann’s North by Northwest soundtrack echoing in the background. I chose this based on the latest news that Christopher Nolan’s next film will be a mash up of the Hitchcock classic and Inception.

2 Likes