What’s the consensus over here on Dan Romer scoring the film

as the title says whats the consensus over here on Dan Romer scoring the film ?I’m not particularly happy as I was hoping for Arnolds return

We don´t deal in consensus here.

5 Likes

Surely best reply of the day! :rofl:

Hahahaha!!:smiley:

I’m not even sure I’ve formed a consensus with myself on Romer. There are those who expect great things from him. Then there are those who would have preferred Newman coming back. And of course Arnold.

Others have a far better grip and understanding of scoring than I do. I guess I will just wait and see.

1 Like

My consensus of one is that the apostrophe is so very terribly underrated. I am also in agreement with myself that I have not really heard of the gentleman concerned and therefore will wait and hear.

4 Likes

I’m on record saying I’ve cringed many times over the years when new composers have been announced, some for good reasons. I’m with Arbogast777 though, I’ll wait until I hear some music. I just hope they have a Michael Giacchino in their back pocket (ala Rouge One) just in case.

I’m fine with it. The sound needs to be shaken up, so new blood is definitely welcome.

1 Like

Mod note: adjusted the apostrophe quota to WTO level…

2 Likes

I was really hoping for David Arnold. I think he’s been away from it long enough to have new ideas and finish ones he had (the rumored “I Will Return” track.) I like how he incorporated title songs into theme when allowed (DAD and QoS being the exceptions.)

I’ve never heard Romer’s work. He seems like the guy Fukunaga always uses. That seems to be the director’s prerogative now, they find one composer they like and use him for the rest of their filmography. I’m eager to hear a new composer’s take on Bond, but more often than not I tend to be underwhelmed when it happens. That being said, I really like George Martin’s, Marvin Hamlisch’s, and even Bill Conti’s Bond soundtracks.

1 Like