Which is the most realistic bond film?

None of them are particularly realistic.

1 Like

…morbidly obese narcissistic millionaire who sticks his name on all his buildings has badly dyed hair and a badly applied fake tan works with a “communist” Dictatorship to enrich himself with a plan that will make America’s economy worthless and spends his free time playing golf.

He also likes explaining his full evil plan for no other reason than he loves having an audience.

…of all the films that would turn out to be accurate…

12 Likes

Best post in aaaaaaaaaaages!!!:joy::clap:

1 Like

I think FYEO is made up of events which have possibly happened in the real life espionage world.

2 Likes

Bravo, sir! Most wonderful post👏

Auric is waaaaaayyyy smarter.

2 Likes

And better looking, more charismatic and trustworthy…

3 Likes

And richer…

1 Like

“As usual, the FAKE NEWS media has it all wrong. I just took a very difficult IQ test that proves what a stable genius I am. Doctors said they had never seen anyone do as well on the test as I did. Person, Man, Woman, Camera, TV. I aced it BIGLY, in fact I got extra credit for saying them in order. Awful Auric would have bombed the test HARD. ‘Nobody Does it Better’, as you Bond people would say. NOBODY!”

:wink: :laughing:

3 Likes

“Golden words he will pour in your ear, but his lies can’t disguise what you fear…”

I think Orion’s on to something…

1 Like

For balance reasons here a complete list of the many and varied accomplishments to applaud that other guy…

And that’s it.

That’s an accomplishment - depending on who’s counting.

1 Like

No doubt - though the criterion of laudable seems tricky…depending who’s lauding.

“Mr. Goldfinger doesn’t cheat at golf”

“You cheat for him?”

“Yes”

3 Likes

I’d still rather watch Gert Frobe and listen to Robert Reitty’s dubbing.

1 Like

Robert Rietty did Emilio Largo’s voice. Michael Collins did Auric Goldfinger’s voice.

Fair enough, but I’d still rather listen to Goldfinger talk than that other fellow. At least Auric could pronounce difficult words like “anonymous”, “China”, “origins” and - wait for it - “states”.
…and he didn’t need a Boeing 727 to haul his bulk around - a Lockheed JetStar was sufficient.

1 Like

Licence To Kill.

Because it was too real for it’s time. Paraphrasing from the late and great Desmond L from a Tomorrow Never Dies magazine.

Just my humble pick.

1 Like

I second that.

Though I just rewatched Thunderball and found it far more realistic than I remembered. I’d even give it an edge over Goldfinger, mostly because the character motivations. Domino is in an abusive toxic relationship and Bond, as sexist as he is in this movie, helps her escape her tormenter. Meanwhile, Fiona Volpe won’t succumb to Bond’s charms as Pussy Galore did in the last movie. She even calls Bond out on his ego. She’s also a strong, independent woman making executive decisions and clearly calling the shots, albeit for an evil organisation. That’s anathema in Bond’s world until the women in TSWLM and Judi Dench.