Who do you want for Bond 7?

These Germans just don’t know the meaning of journalistic integrity.

2 Likes

“Woman puts her husband through the mincer – BILD talked to the patties!!”

6 Likes

…and follows them on their voyage through a digestive tract.”

3 Likes

You guys are making me want to learn German.

3 Likes

Not for „Bild“, please.

But watching „Diamondfever“ (the translation of the German title of DAF) you should consider it.

3 Likes

You know there is almost nothing I will not do for DAF.

5 Likes

Should you ever visit Germany, chances are good that you’ll start with a DAF location: parts of the Las Vegas airport scene were shot at Frankfurt airport (which would be your most likely arrival point) :grin:

A few years ago, we made a visit there with the German fan club. One of our members had done some research and found the exact location, and so they made a detour for us on the bus tour. Thing was: all hangars and everything that stood there is long gone, so we stood on the open tarmac and we started a mock-up discussion and went like “So this is the exact place now? You certain that it wasn’t maybe 10 meters to the left.” You can drive location nerds crazy with things like that :laughing:

7 Likes

I always loved that title. Reading the German version of DAF helped me get an A in German in school. Love the German language

4 Likes

You remember when he was “for sure” cast as Bond after SPECTRE?

Would he still be considered? He is 43.

2 Likes

I think that’s highly doubtful. His moment came and went. I’m good with that, although I am excited for another season of The Night Manager, as I really enjoyed the first. That said, veering into territory not written by John le Carré is a bit worrisome, although to be honest, the first already took liberties with the source material.

4 Likes

That ending was uncharacteristically glorious and happy for a le Carré; it more or less turned the tale on its head, changing the message of the book towards some Disneyland feel good cocktail. I’d be more interested if they continued the second season from the ending of the book: Pine and Jed only barely getting away with their lives because Burr brokers a deal and Roper walks free.

3 Likes

Most likely not.

The future Bond #7 is, at this moment in time, probably in his late 20s or just entered his 30s.

4 Likes

Since Cavill was part of the selection process last time and had good chances I don’t think they are still interested in him - otherwise EON would have quickly moved to get him after Craig signaled he was out.

In the end, he is too old now.

1 Like

That, and I watched Argyle last night and I never want anybody involved in that to find work again.

3 Likes

Plus Cavill has now been in a number of spy-related productions, that Uncle vehicle, MI, Argyle, Warfare…it would be like casting Neeson in another best-ager-beats-up-villains role. Passé.

4 Likes

Hmm… if the stories are true, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan had all been part of the selection process before the one after which they got the job.
Too old? If they start soon enought and keep the gap between films shorter than the one between Olympic Games, he could still be good for three, maybe four.

That said, I hope it won’t happen :laughing:

4 Likes

That sounds scary.

1 Like

This I think will be a big thing - Eon want you to just see James Bond, Cavill has not only other spy films but Superman, Sherlock Holmes and The Witcher looming over him.

4 Likes

I recently watched Argylle as well, and it is truly bad, at least for me—your own mileage may vary. It’s like the worst ideas of the Kingsmen movies, coupled with genuinely unfunny humor and unrealistic action. The whole thing is so convoluted, yet it never genuinely surprised me the entire movie and every single “twist” was telegraphed. I have been a genuine fan of Vaughn’s for several years now and even enjoyed the Kingsmen movies, even when they didn’t hang together especially well after the first one. Argylle is just bloated, overlong, and lazy.

3 Likes