Who Should Write the Next Bond Continuation Novel?

By the way, if anyone is interested in seeing more of my choices in the Casting the Continuation Novels thread, I will need someone to place a comment there before I can continue.

Of course, if you don’t, then… :thinking:

Have a good day. :grinning:

I really hope we see a quick pivot to Higson with a continuation of his modern Bond. Sounds like he has plenty of ideas.

Haven’t read that yet. Hoping to soon!

Honestly, the question for me is not so much who but what. I think we’re due a full-fledged contemporary Bond novel. At this point its been 13 years since the last one. I think between Horowitz, as well as Amis, Faulks and Boyd before him, we’ve exhausted the potential of the Fleming timeline and it’s time for something new.

6 Likes

Paraphrasing Cubby Broccoli “When in doubt go back to Fleming”

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheIanFleming/status/1790415779793453339

3 Likes

Fingers crossed this announcement is something worthwhile.

6 Likes

This week, I read Batman’s Villains One Bad Day storylines for certain villains. These included The Riddler, Two-Face, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Catwoman, Bane, Clayface, Ra’s al Ghul and The Killing Joke. I think it would be interesting to have a novel of short stories for certain Bond villains like this. Maybe a different author for each character. Also, highly recommended anyone, they are great quick reads. Bond has some iconic villains, they shouldn’t be wasted. Dynamite Comics has proven this.