With a Mind to Kill out in May 2022

From The Other Fella…https://www.instagram.com/p/B28yOP0IJFE/?igshid=1ikrxb0bn3guq

I agree on all counts. I’d even go so far as to say it’s likely that he will do a third Bond novel since he is in negotiations. Of course things could fall through, but it seems like they have a good relationship so I think the odds would be more likely he’d do a third book than not. I hope it does happen. I’ve enjoyed his previous two efforts.

3 Likes

I think he wouldn’t have mentioned it if the third book’s deal wasn’t already very close, perhaps more a question of timing than anything else.

1 Like

Thai really isn’t surprising actually and is more or less following the timeline for FAAD after TM. I’d be expecting probably an early 2021 release date.

About 10 minutes in, when he’s asked about Poirot, Horowitz makes an interesting slip when he talks about other authors characters that he has written for…

Edit: I should say I’m still watching as I posted it, so he may get into Bond at some point.

2 Likes

I really wish we had a new novel to tide us over with this prolonged wait for No Time To Die. Hell, I wish I had The Winds of Winter too, but we all know that doesn’t exist…

1 Like

I like the juxtaposition of having You Only Live Twice as my favourite Fleming novel, and balancing that out with the very early timeline of Forever and a Day. I think the story still holds up well. A lot of my enthusiasm for the book is Sixtine and how she becomes a hidden but very potent source behind Bond’s ongoing life. Holding out hope Anthony does a third.

1 Like
3 Likes

Heaven for bid, anyone who has access to the Bond license (MGM, IFP, or the games) could get their bleeping act together and actually release new content.

4 Likes

An acclaimed author wants to do hit, his publisher wants to publish it and, in contrast to films distribution, actually can. IFP being cagey is bonkers.

6 Likes

Yes, it’s especially weird given that the last two were well received and fans have been asking for Horowitz to return. It’s a golden opportunity being offered on a golden platter.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I’ve only read Horowitz’s first (and wasn’t too kind on it). But even I had to admit it was easily the best effort in recent years. And fan reaction to his second go was overwhelmingly positive as I remember. So not giving him the okay for it would be downright idiotic. Horowitz is probably the best thing that happened to IFP since Amis.

4 Likes

If they want to do another Bond book at all, Horowitz is their man. Ian Fleming Estate, if by some chance you are reading, please take this opportunity.

8 Likes

Hey Dustin, I think you should give FAAD a go. I preferred it over TM, though I enjoyed that one very much as well. I’d love to read a third Horowitz Bond novel.

3 Likes

It’s actually already on its way to me - I just cannot promise how long it will stay on the shelf then; plenty of things to do these days and the year will be over in a blink…

1 Like

Ultimately, I think I prefer TM over FAAD, though both are excellent novels. FAAD has the better leading lady, while TM has a better villain. The only part of TM that I don’t really like is bringing back Pussy Galore. It seemed unnecessary to me and could have been dropped without losing much.

I do hope that was unintentional…

2 Likes

:flushed:

The two by Anthony Horowitz are by far my favourites of the high profile releases. I think TM is the better of the two but FAAD is also very good.

1 Like

I’m the reverse, preferring FAAD. But yes, both are terrific reads. And best of all, both are very re-readable, too.

3 Likes