Alex Rider TV Series in the Works

Did not know that. Thanks!

1 Like

Did not know that. Cool detail.

But, yeah, as you can see if you scroll up. I thoroughly enjoyed this series.

1 Like
1 Like

Found the IMDB channel on my Amazon feed, so bring on November!!!

2 Likes

A second season is definitely on the way! They’re now reaching out for extras.

1 Like

Excellent news, really enjoyed it. I used to be a huge fan of the books when I was a young whipper-snapper.

Shame the film Stormbreaker was such a critical and commercial disappointment (box office bomb is probably a more accurate term) .

Point Blanc was my favourite book and I thought the Amazon series did it justice. I wonder if the second season will be based on Skeleton Key, or do you think they are going to jump straight to Scorpia? Or merge the two…

Either way I want more. Otto Farrant is a very good Alex Rider, much better than Alex Pettyfer was!

1 Like
1 Like

Haven’t had the chance to check yet, but has this series started on the US IMDB channel? Thanks!

All I know is that here in Europe it’s on Amazon Prime. But haven’t I already heard American fans praising it?

I was able to check when I was home for lunch. It is indeed on the IMDB channel on Amazon.

Well the good news is that it’s indeed on the IMDB channel on Amazon. The bad news is not until the 13th.

1 Like

Look at it this way - less gap between Point Blanc and Skeleton Key as well as certainty that a second season will actually happen!

1 Like

Horowitz mentions they don”t have “complete” go ahead on Season 2. I suspect it’s they can do season 2 provided they can meet Covid filming restrictions. Stumptown moved from having a season 2 pick up to being cancelled because they couldn’t film it within the new boundaries.

1 Like

Another day, another interview with Horowitz and Farrant.

1 Like

Watched the first episode today, pretty good so far (once I got past the commercials)! Felt sorry for the guy in the beginning of the episode, talk about getting the shaft :wink:

1 Like

I binged the first 4 episodes of Alex Rider last night and so far am loving it. I really appreciate the slow burn approach and the fact that a single book is being adapted over a whole season. It’s also done a good job of transitioning from something that felt more akin to Spooks/MI-5 to something clearly much more Bondian as it’s progressed and moved into the the French Alps where the villain’s plot is beginning to unfold. Can’t wait for the remainder.

2 Likes

Finished up the first season and thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely looking forward to season 2 and continuing the plot threads that were intentionally left dangling. I appreciate that although it’s based on a YA property, the series has opted for a more adult tone than I expected with death presented as a frequent reality, greatly upping the threat factor.

2 Likes

I just finished the first season as well on Amazon Prime/IMDB. I enjoyed it better than I expected. I feared a rehash of Spy Kids and was pleasantly surprised that it was more adult in context. I too look forward to season 2.

4 Likes

The more adult tone pleasantly surprised me too. Perhaps they are aware of the primary audience being the YA that are now ACTUAL adults.

2 Likes

Excellent point. I can’t afford every streaming service available, so I don’t have Hulu. That said, I’m really fascinated to see if the new Hardy Boys show that premieres next month follows a similar adult-themed focus.

1 Like