Deathmatch 2022: The Bonds - Group B

Performance as Bond, then. Now, obviously, the comparison is phoney given that they haven’t had the same script and direction nor been in the same film, but that’s never stopped anyone being “Best Actor” at the Oscars or the like and being lauded for it. Common perception may hold that Bond is a flat character and doesn’t change film-to-film but is the genial old cove on screen for 20 minutes of A View to a Kill really the same as the MooreBond of Live and Let Die? The Craigs may show breadth of character; the Connerys breadth of waistband, etc.

Criteria for choice is up to you; it could be which performance you prefer, it could be which you think would win in a “real” (cough) fight against the other, it could be which had the better nose. Who knows what criteria the voting public base their choices on, anyway? Recent elections and referendums, it could be absolutely anything, some of it considered unnatural.

Voting ends 26 June.

• Connery - Goldfinger
  • Moore - Live and Let Die

0 voters

• Connery - Goldfinger
  • Dalton - Licence to Kill

0 voters

• Connery - Goldfinger
  • Brosnan - GoldenEye

0 voters

• Connery - Goldfinger
  • Craig - No Time To Die

0 voters

0 voters

• Brosnan - GoldenEye

0 voters

• Craig - No Time To Die

0 voters

• Brosnan - GoldenEye

0 voters

• Craig - No Time To Die

0 voters

• Brosnan - GoldenEye
  • Craig - No Time To Die

0 voters

2 Likes

In this round I did vote for Connery in Goldfinger, achieving the perfect blend of his Bond.

I do enjoy Moore whenever he shows up so his LALD performance stays another winner for me.

But while I also enjoy Dalton and Brosnan (my apologies, Jim), I have to give Craig the edge for NTTD. The moment he gets shot and realizes he has been infected really is a masterclass in subtle acting. And still heartbreaking to watch.

5 Likes

I’m really surprised at how Craig in NTTD was winning.

And much more shocking that the votes of Craig in NTTD was more bigger than that of Dalton in LTK? Brosnan in GE?