Deathmatch 2022: Victims - Group B

Voting ends September 24

Possibly an area where not every film conforms to the idea that there is a victim or sacrifical lamb, but most do and even amongst the ones that are a bit thin in that regard, there’s a “victim of circumstance”, even if it’s of their own making.

Hence putting the film names after Victim name here, just in case anyone’s unsure why Ourumov’s in the list. He’s out of his depth. Unless GoldenEye’s Victims are the dozens of Russian soldiers Bond murders at several points in the film. Call Ourumov their representative, if it makes it easier.

Felix represents No Time to Die here; OK, the Victim is Bond, but he gets more than enough attention. Leiter’s Licence to Kill persona takes victimhood with a smile, so that’s rubbish. Status passes to his wife. Of about eleven minutes.

The Leiters have a spat, here. If Felix was also the Victim in Licence to Kill, that would mean he would have to beat himself off here. That hook hand… hmm

(It’s Masterton in the book but seems to be Masterson in the film - this is about the films, so Masterson it is).

Strutter was chosen by vote over Rosie to represent Live and Let Die, and that’s probably right.

Later rounds, will probably drop the film suffixes as everyone will know what’s going on and it’ll all be strawberries…

Anyway…Victims

• Jill Masterson (Goldfinger)
  • Strutter (Live and Let Die)

0 voters

• Della Leiter (Licence to Kill)

0 voters

• General Ourumov (GoldenEye)

0 voters

• Felix Leiter (No Time to Die)

0 voters

0 voters

0 voters

0 voters

0 voters

0 voters

• Felix Leiter (No TIme to Die)

0 voters

2 Likes

My rankings are thus:

1. Della Churchill Leiter
  2. Jill Masterson
  3. Harold Strutter
  4. Felix Leiter
  5. Arkady Ouromov

Again, going by true victims, Della and Jill are not involved in the spy game so they get top billing for victims with Della getting the nod as Jill is doing some shady stuff by helping Goldfinger cheat while Della is just trying to enjoy her wedding day. As for the others, Ouromov as a villain gets no sympathy so he’s number five. So that leaves Strutter and Felix. I went with Strutter because he’s in fewer films so we don’t know him as much, making him more of a victim.

By the way, when it came to Strutter vs. Felix, I was not able to vote. It was already blocked off and wouldn’t let me vote or change it even though I never voted.

1 Like

Strutter v Felix re-opened; not sure why it was closed.

Thanks Jim. Made my Strutter vote.