Deathmatch 2022: Victims - Group C

Voting ends September 24

Possibly an area where not every film conforms to the idea that there is a victim or sacrifical lamb, but most do and even amongst the ones that are a bit thin in that regard, there’s a “victim of circumstance”, even if it’s of their own making.

Hence putting the film names after Victim name here, just in case anyone’s unsure why Naomi’s in there for The Spy who Loved Me. There was a vote - she came out on top. Fnarr.

Mathis for Quantum of Solace - flip of a coin over Fields. He does more, anyway.

Later rounds, will probably drop the film suffixes as everyone will know what’s going on and it’ll all be strawberries…if not Strawberry Fields.

Anyway…Victims

• Paula (Thunderball)
  • Naomi (The Spy who Loved Me)

0 voters

• Paula (Thunderball)
  • Zukovsky (TWINE)

0 voters

• Paula (Thunderball)
  • Mathis (Quantum of Solace)

0 voters

• Paula (Thunderball)
  • Severine (Skyfall)

0 voters

• Zukovsky (TWINE)

0 voters

0 voters

• Severine (Skyfall)

0 voters

• Zukovsky (TWINE)

0 voters

• Zukovsky (TWINE)
  • Severine (Skyfall)

0 voters

• Severine (Skyfall)

0 voters

2 Likes

My victim rankings are thus:

1. Severine
  2. Rene Mathis
  3. Paula Caplan
  4. Valentin Zukovsky
  5. Naomi

Severine gets the top spot as she really is a victim of bad circumstances and it ends tragically just as she started to get some hope. Mathis is number two as he is a victim of a bad screenplay in that he dies and then gets callously dropped in a dumpster. Boo! :-1: Paula gets the third spot over Zukovsky as she not only dies but is tortured as well. And Naomi is last (no matter how much I like her) since she is on the villain side.

1 Like