Deathmatch 2022: Victims - Group E

Voting ends September 24

Possibly an area where not every film conforms to the idea that there is a victim or sacrifical lamb, but most do and even amongst the ones that are a bit thin in that regard, there’s a “victim of circumstance”, even if it’s of their own making.

Yes, I know Draco doesn’t die and the obvious Victim of OHMSS is Tracy, but she’s had a go already and what ultimately happens does render Draco a victim - it’s terribly sad (and leads to the sadly terrible Never Dream of Dying). Does more than Campbell, who I suppose is the other option. If the Draco argument doesn’t convince you, there’s a reasonably strong field of late 1970s/1980s Victimhood to consider. Did do good Victims, the 1980s Bonds, if nothing else terribly well.

Might Vijay finally get Octopussy through the Group Stages…?

Later rounds, will probably drop the film suffixes as everyone will know what’s going on and it’ll all be strawberries…

Anyway…Victims

• Draco (OHMSS)
  • Corrine Dufour (Moonraker)

0 voters

• Draco (OHMSS)
  • Countess Lisl (For Your Eyes Only)

0 voters

• Draco (OHMSS)
  • Vijay (Octopussy)

0 voters

• Draco (OHMSS)
  • Saunders (The Living Daylights)

0 voters

0 voters

• Vijay (Octopussy)

0 voters

0 voters

• Vijay (Octopussy)

0 voters

0 voters

• Vijay (Octopussy)

0 voters

1 Like

Difficult choices, also in the other groups besides this one.
What I always choose is the innocent victim over the professional (someone who is in the same field as Bond). So in practice I will always choose victims like Andrea and Corrine, over people like Sanders, or Vijah who, given their profession, could know that their lives could be in danger sooner or later.

4 Likes

My victim rankings are:

1. Corinne Dufour
  2. Lisl von Schlaff
  3. Vijay
  4. Saunders
  5. Marc-Ange Draco

Corinne is an innocent bystander caught up in Bond’s mission and she dies gruesomely as well so she gets the top spot. Lisl is willingly involved in Columbo’s shenanigans, but she is more of an information getter than one of his men doing the spy work so she edges out Vijay and Saunders. Meanwhile, Vijay gets the nod over Saunders for third place as he has a more tragic death–and he suffers for awhile as well before he finally dies unlike Saunders who dies instantly. Draco gets fifth place since he doesn’t die.

1 Like