Voting closes September 23.
(Although Felix is also a Victim for Licence to Kill, he’s a happy Victim and we can’t have that; he counts for No Time To Die because he sleeps with the fishes his Licence to Kill “persona” so bafflingly wishes to go catching, despite a leg off due to an earlier skirmish with a big 'un)
- Felix Leiter (No Time to Die)
Tough group. All are good. My rankings are:
- Godfrey Tibbett
- Valentin Zukovsky
- Della Churchill
- Felix Leiter
I am not sure Zukovsky is realy death, so maybe he’s not a victim at all.
I was gonna say the same thing. I think the novelization hints that he survives and I believe there were plans to bring him back for the unrealized 5th Brosnan film.
Nah, he’s dead. Spake, I have.
In any event can’t think of anyone else for The World is Not Enough because that makes me think of The World is Not Enough which… I don’t want to do. Can’t make me and shan’t.
I refuse to accept that. I’m a Zukovsky truther.
The only other one in The World Is Not Enough that could perhaps qualify would be Robert King as James Bond is sort of “working” for him in the PTS, but until we see Valentin Zukovsky return, I would stick with Zukovsky.
There’s no doubt in my mind, and it’s a pretty good death sequence. The knowing look they both exchange is great. Valentin knew he did just enough to save his friend.
Interesting to see that I rank these victims in function of their involvment in the secrets or in “bad actions”. Not that I consider some may have “deserved it” more than others, but they may at least have been aware of what the risks were.
- Della - as far as I know, involved into nothing except for being married to Felix, truely innocent
- Tibbett - does some spy work but does not even seem to be aware of how dangereous his job could be. Quite the functionnary type.
- Quarrel - socially at the bottom of the spy hierarchy, plus being a very faithfull and brave agent. But he knew what could be the price to pay.
- Felix - Similar as Quarrel, except that he was much more of a star agent, who had the time to enjoy his job like Bond does.
- Zukowsky - well, he was a gangster after all
I don’t think Quarrel was an agent, he just helped out.