Voting closes 3 September

• Anya Amasova
  • Tiffany Case

0 voters

• Anya
  • Kissy Suzuki

0 voters

• Anya
  • Octopussy (probably Octopussy Smythe, although that looks daft)

0 voters

• Anya
  • Stacey Sutton

0 voters

• Tiffany
  • Kissy

0 voters

• Tiffany
  • Octopussy

0 voters

• Tiffany
  • Stacey

0 voters

• Kissy
  • Octopussy

0 voters

• Kissy
  • Stacey

0 voters

• Octopussy
  • Stacey

0 voters

My rankings are:

1. Anya Amasova XXX
  2. Tiffany Case
  3. Octopussy Smythe :wink:
  4. Kissy Suzuki
  5. Stacey Sutton

So, I’m going to elaborate my rankings in here:

1. Octopussy (My favorite in this round, great acting, great chemistry with Moore’s Bond, more matured, and a great character).
  2. Anya Amasova (Oh, you should be thankful, while you’re not my favorite, you can fare better in here, darling, you’re opponents aren’t that strong except Octopussy, not that the character itself was strong; more of a damsel in distress too, let alone acting).
  3. Tiffany Case (If we’re counting the first & second acts, she’s sassy and confident, although the third act really lets her down).
  4. Stacey Sutton (I think she’s a decent Bond Girl, whatever her screaming was, it’s something to do that she’s an innocent civilian that’s not used in Bond’s world of danger (she’s not an agent like Bond), imagine yourself being trapped in a burning elevator or got hanging for dear life a top of the Golden Gate Bridge, that would be really too traumatic and I would scream the same way Stacey did :sweat_smile:, but is she any better than anyone else in this round? Unfortunately, not, and I blame it on Tanya Roberts’ acting, but the character I’ve felt was a bit realistic, so that’s a plus).
  5. Kissy Suzuki (Well, at least she did something in the third act by participating in the Volcano Lair Climax shootout, and the fact that she swam back to Tiger Tanaka’s camp did really helped Bond, but still compared to others, dull and bland, and she’s dubbed for the most part, she’s not even named until the end credits, Aki was a far better character).

Something tells me that Stacey is not very popular.

Yes, I think she’s not as bad as people making her out to be, like what I’ve said in my post, she screamed a lot because she’s put in some traumatic, deadly experiences like the burning elevator, and standing to the top of the Golden Gate Bridge, she’s just an innocent civilian that’s not used in Bond’s world of danger, there’s a bit of realism in there.

Character wise, I don’t see any problems or anomaly regarding Stacey Sutton.

But acting wise, there might be a problem, because Tanya Roberts failed to sold her acting as a Geologist, she’s believable in the damsel in distress parts (again, it’s reasonable), I really buy that she’s in serious danger, but as a Geologist, I couldn’t take it seriously, much like Denise Richards as Christmas Jones or Barbara Bach as a Russian/KGB (Well Trained) Military Agent.

Because female scientists, agents and doctors cannot be sexy but have to look like they don’t have a mirror and eat too much?

1 Like

For me, that’s not the problem. It’s more about the fact that it doesn’t work with Roger. In any case, there is the age difference and there does not seem to be a click between the two.
With a somewhat more mature actress, who also radiated more life experience, such as Faye Dunaway, or Kate O’Mara would have been a much better choice.

It’s not about that, it’s more about how they act on how believable are they.

Stacey Sutton, aside from being a bit realistic, was also meant to be professional, but Tanya Roberts didn’t acted that way, I think Kara Milovy’s role in the next film would’ve been more suited to her, a cellist/musician, I could buy her more into that, because based on Tanya Roberts’ acting she’s not the one I see who could have a knowledge about geology, she’s just being ordinary, she’s a bit diva or primadonna in the way she performed the role (so Kara Milovy would’ve been more suited for Tanya Roberts, I think).

This is most especially for Christmas Jones, the introduction of Denise Richards walking that way like she’s like a little girl imagining herself in a runway, and being the way she acted like a sassy Paris Hilton/Kim Kardashian like, she’s not being professional, more like a College Student.

And Barbara Bach as Anya Amasova, well I never really buy her as this Russian version of Wai Lin who can fight, shoot a gun, and heavily well trained Military Agent, she couldn’t even managed to speak proper Russian accent, she just poses all the way to be intimidating, but she didn’t showed it, I’ve never see her kill or shoot some bad guys in the film (and I couldn’t really imagine her too), she’s just being an eye candy for most of the time, didn’t helped that Bach’s acting was way too wooden, she’s so monotone without any facial expressions.

The Bond Girls who were believable in their roles are:

1. Look at Natalya Simonova, she’s very believable as a Computer Programmer but still being sexy because it’s obvious in the way she acted, the way she acted, like she knows what’s she’s doing, and consistent for it.

2. Even Holly Goodhead, she’s really convincing as a professional Agent/Doctor because she’s very professional and cold, she’s doing her role and also, knows what she’s doing, but she still looked sexy and beautiful.

3. Wai Lin, again, same statement, believable but still sexy and beautiful.

Still, lots of preconceptions…

2 Likes