Deathmatch 2023 - Sudden Deaths (2)

Yesterday required one to think about both Die Another Day and Never Say Never Again (I’d apologise were I the sort of spavined weakling that apologises, but I’m not, so slip on yer coping trizers and cease your snivelling).

However, I try to limit Never Say Never Again’s occupation of my gargantuan brain to only twice per year, so to be efficient about it…

29 June - Thunderball Only Lives Twice

Using the Deathmatch categories, decide between Thunderball - so massive one can see it from Neptune - and its embittered, egregious tv movie remake (even you can probably tell where my votes are going).

Villain - it’s a LargOff!
  • Thunderball
  • Never Say Never Again

0 voters

Film
  • Thunderball
  • Never Say Never Again

0 voters

Song
  • Thunderball
  • Never Say Never Again

0 voters

Bond - it’s a ConnerOff!
  • Thunderball
  • Never Say Never Again

0 voters

Woman - it’s a DominOff!
  • Thunderball
  • Never Say Never Again

0 voters

Henchperson - Fiona v Fatima (I’d pay to watch that one)
  • Thunderball
  • Never Say Never Again

0 voters

Titles
  • Thunderball
  • Never Say Never Again

0 voters

Victim: Paula v Nicole
  • Thunderball
  • Never Say Never Again

0 voters

2 Likes

I do have very fond memories of NSNA during its initial run, and although I prefer TB the two villains if NSNA are more to my liking. And Connery is in great form, maybe even more so than in his last outing as older Bond.

2 Likes

I went with Thunderball on everything except Victim. But Never Say Never Again’s Fatima Blush is really good. However, I like Fiona Volpe just a tad more.

NSNA has some good to great individual parts but is let down by its collective whole–with the score being the primary offender.