Double Or Nothing by Kim Sherwood out 1st September 2022

Hey ST! You should tweet that picture to Ms. Sherwood, she’d get a kick out of it.

3 Likes

Do you think so?

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/kimtsherwood

She often does post where her books and fans are in the world.

2 Likes

Hope it worked

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see if/when she responds!

3 Likes

Me too! Thanks for the heads up!

3 Likes

My scary face that was made for radio may even inspire her to base a villain on me!

3 Likes

Well , looking at the page count,I’m a fifth of the way into it now and struggling to make sense of it.

It maybe because of my surroundings, i.e,a busy mixed sex hospital ward, lots of noise all the time, people coming and going,it’s hard to concentrate.

It may be better to save it for later, seeing as it’s a first time read for you.

I totally agree,it’s just the only reading material I have,there is no trolley shop to buy newspapers from etc. Normally you are placed in a private room here,with your own t.v and ensuite. Because of a lack of beds ,I’m on this short stay ward with curtains around each bed.

2 Likes

My apologies. For everything.

2 Likes

No need to be sorry,it’s fine sir !

2 Likes

Wishing you a swift recovery.

2 Likes

Thanks very much! Had more surgery on my foot today, was told I’d be going home tomorrow,but have now been told they look in 48 to 72 hours to see if I require yet more surgery before being released!

She posted on twitter ten hours ago and my post was not mentioned,so I doubt she will mention it

Was told yesterday that I will be re assessed on Monday as to whether I require further surgery.At 11pm last night I was finally moved to a proper foot and leg injury ward,with my own room, complete with a window,t.v and ensuite facilities!

Plenty of time of time to read the book now, without to many interuptions

7 Likes

Here’s hoping you‘ll be on the mend soon. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Seeing that this isn’t really centred around Bond himself, I’m not yet sure I’ll want to read it. What makes the double-o section and the MI6 intrigues enticing is the fact that Bond moves through it. Without him, it may be a great spy novel but is it still a Bond book? Should we care to read it if Bond is merely a shadow in the far distance?

I’m not passing definitive judgement, I’m really wondering. I would be happy to get the thoughts of those who already read it.

1 Like

Thanks kind sir

1 Like

I’ve actually spent the weekend having the novelty of being able to have a television,listen to my little travel radio without disturbing people and doing newspaper crosswords and puzzles. So I gave the book a rest.

The physio team have been getting me up and about and walking around and were so pleased,they discharged me from any further mobility needs, as they said that I am 100% mobile on a walker boot and a walking stick,until the foot heals.

Just all depends on what the doctor’s say when they examine my foot , physically and medically today. If I can go home,I’ll probably be placed in a “departure room ward” where you sit around for hours waiting to be discharged,so I will be getting back to the book then

7 Likes