Drawn to 007 - Dynamite’s new hardcovers and beyond

Also a worthwhile Tweet.

More LALD :

Imagine what it will look like in color.

3 Likes

It’s a lot more blatantly comic book than CR was. It’s not as impressive, but I get why they want highlight the fantasy elements of this particular book over Fleming’s horrendous world views.

It’s a very good issue. I’m really loving the whole old school espionage vibe that Origin is currently going for.

So looks like Dynamite is focusing on 12 issue arcs rather than 6 issues now. That’ll give us until October for the current Greg Pak run, skipping November, and then a new arc in December. Still no news about Origin, with #12 coming out in August, so maybe they’ll take a little gap before the next 12 issue arc starts.

Just looked both up, their CV’s are a very eclectic mix. The fact I can’t even slightly guess what they’ll do with Bond makes me VERY excited for this.

Send this to people having a coronary over Lashana Lynch possibly playing Bond’s successor at Mi6. Their heads may explode when they look these writers up…

1 Like

This was the last time the pair worked together;

But Lore acted as Editor, not co-writer as they are here.

1 Like

Another positive review for 007. Also, I notice that the stories will be year round now. I wonder if we’ll see Blofeld make an appearance. I won’t be surprised either way. I wonder if there will be a tie-in story with the release of Bond 25.

2 Likes

It would rely on the new two writers knowing just before the rest of the world. I’ve no idea what dynamite’s relationship with EON is like.

Just one title this month :

James Bond 007 # 12 :

“Goldfinger” concludes. From GREG PAK (Agents Of Atlas, Star Wars) and ROBERT CAREY (Aliens: Resistance).
In Shops: Oct 30, 2019
SRP: $3.99

STL134246?type=1

STL134247?type=1

STL134248?type=1

STL134249?type=1

:scream:

Would be nerve racking if we didnt know who the new crew are…

I’ll wait for any daily mail reader to get up from having needed resuscitation…

so I’m hoping we’ll be told soon what’s replacing Origin.

1 Like

The finale, it seems. Well, we’ll see what else Dynamite is cooking up for the world of James Bond.

The writer mentioned a few weeks ago that something is planned for after (scroll up), but Dynamite hasn’t said what yet.

Yeah Jeff Parker tweeted this in response, so it looks like we’ll hear news soon regarding Origin.

Jeff Parker Writer’s Commentary on the “Finale” of James Bond Origin. Spoilers ahead! Also, a preview of Goldfinger this week.

Lastly, a review of the issue.

Jeff Parker is really sticking to the “Watch this spot for news!” line, which is all that Dynamite will let him say. Let’s hope that a second series of Origin doesn’t take as long from announcement to release as the first did. Then again, the release date for the LALD hardcover doesn’t seem to have moved as much as the CR one did, so maybe Dynamite finally has their releases sorted out.

1 Like

Knock on wood for now, lol.

Jensen talks Live and Let Die

The next run is unveiled

There’s cool, and then there’s Cool, with a capital C, and for me, that’s always been James Bond,

There is something timeless about Bond that allows him to be put into almost any era and situation.

New writers talk Bond. Basic theme - they LOVE Bond in all its forms (who am I to judge :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

Greg Pak’s OO7, issue 12…I’m only a few pages in (two under 10s on holiday, my free time is scarce) and already it’s blatantly a story that can not be read in isolation. This is Pak’s finale, if you havn’t followed it to this point, it’s on you (the story’s attitude, not mine. I’d just advice reading the two TPB back to back)

2 Likes