Drawn to 007 - Dynamite’s new hardcovers and beyond

Yes. Yes it will.

Disappointing but not a surprise. Still something to look forward to, though. Hopefully one day in the next 20 years I’ll be able to read the comic while listening to Zimmer’s NTTD score. :sweat_smile:

Remember if the movie gets a bigger delay than the comic probably too, at this rate the third 007 Fleming book could already be in comics like CR & LALD

The core series is still ongoing. It is just this collection that’s being tied with NTTD at the moment. Hopefully we’ll get an update on the Moonraker adaptation soon.

Totally looking forward to Moonraker the general series I gave up some time ago too disappointing for me I am afraid. Without new 007 books I look for new spy novels to be read and there is plenty around.

Issue 5 of the current series comes out tomorrow at last! Here’s a spoiler-free review (which was retweeted by one of the authors, Danny Lore).

3 Likes

Got my hands on #5 today. While this arc hasn’t been my favourite, this was an enjoyable issue. I daresay the visual depiction of Bond resembles someone like Aidan Turner.

I noticed that too, think the artist is a fan.

Summary

The rebooted Mr Big was a surprise

Glad you picked up on it. Wasn’t totally sure if I was seeing something that wasn’t there.

There’s gonna be a James Bond in comics panel at SDCC@Home this Thursday. Looks like we’ll get the announcement of a new series by Steve Orlando.

I’m a little disappointed that Danny and Vita won’t get another 6 issue run (maybe they will later on), but I’m glad the line is continuing.

1 Like

I have been enjoying the model of Dynamite’s Bond, with each creative team turning up to do a story then moving on to another writer and story. The fact that most stories have been the length of a single TPB has been kinda cool.

The event has been cancelled :frowning:

Damn. That’s super disappointing. It seems to be related to the industry troubles that Dynamite is currently undergoing,

I’ll warn you, it’s a whole rabbit hole to get pulled into, but in short, Dynamite had connections that many of their writers and artists objected to, and have broken ties with them. This includes artist Rahsan Ekedal, who from browsing his Twitter, seems to have been working on volume 2 of James Bond Origin. Whether or not this is the same project that Steve Orlando was working on is unknown.

I gotta say, it seems like terrible luck that the Bond comics are going to be affected by the same kind of delays that MGM has caused the film franchise, due to circumstances that have nothing to do with the actual product.

Wonder will this delay release of “Reflections of Death” ?
It’s been rescheduled as many times as “No Time to Die”

Probably not, as it’s an already finished product. The issue would more be getting talent to work with Dynamite now. Reflections of Death seems to be timed for release with No Time To Die, so if that gets delayed again, I can see it getting delayed as well.

Indeed - and I strongly feel the film will be pushed to 2021.

We may, finally, be getting this.

1 Like

Have these guys come out the other end of that ComicsGate thing?

I was going to be doing an in depth article on DE and the 10 year deal they have with IFP, everything was going fine and then, they just stopped responding. Nothing, nada, zip. Even after assurance was firmly made that we had no interest in this ‘event’.

Not impressed.

Look up the abuse Gail Simone got for not IMMEDIATELY backing the guy complaining. I don’t blame them for avoiding it - Bond’s two authors right now are both gay, black, non-binary and following a Korean writer…yet twitter would rather believe some guy online, that Dynamite think nothing but a white man will do, rather than see the actual actions of Dynamite.

“My ignorant rage trumps your facts”

It will be very interesting to see how they handle the promotion for Reflections of Death, given that Vita and Danny have distanced themselves from Dynamite, and they’re two of the credited writers. As far as I’ve seen, it looks like a lot of comics creatives are still not working with Dynamite, and it seems like a lot of what they’re putting out now is what Dynamite had from them before they cut ties. What happens when that dries up is anyone’s guess. I think there were at least two Bond series in the works that likely have been cancelled at this point.